How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information if this doesn't work the first time?

Anonymous
2016-02-28T16:25:35+00:00

Hi,

    How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information, if this doesn't work the first time in respect of the data for the album, which WMP finds?

    I'm not finding the accuracy of the Player good at all; if there's a double album it seems to get these the wrong way around in respect of the details. And Sometimes it gets albums entirely wrong, when I had no difficult finding this on the internet?

    Before you respond I know 'Edit' and "Search" etc, but the editing process would take too long for each single. And Search is not working... I've typed the exact details in for the album, only for WMP to turn up 500+ results, which are not relevant?

    Also how do you prevent your playlists being lost, if your computer crashes? How do you Save etc or is there a quicker easier way to do this? Is there a way for instance of saving these online?

(Microsoft please have another look at this forum? For instance it is far too difficult to find, and when I've been writing, on pressing Return I lose the post? Also the font selection function italics etc did not work for me???)

PS Italics worked belatedly towards the end, when I highlighted the text I'd written.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-05-08T18:18:35+00:00

Sorry for the delay - finally found time to read back through the thread - I don't think at this point I can offer any more suggestions. The sledgehammer option proposed by MS support may be about the only one left, and if you're (fairly) happy with how most stuff is working... that seems a bit drastic!

It seems MS techs are no longer bothered much about WMP - so many people having issues with it particularly in W10 (Burn/Rip problems; Incorrectly sized artwork; DRM - which MS promised to try to fix last August... etc.) Yet it's still a fundamental part of the OS.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-30T20:24:07+00:00

    Ric...

    Well I think I've finally got Word16 to work, so might not bother with rolling back W10 after all.

    I've found all these options, but not sure why you're suggesting unclecking most of these, they seem alright to me?

    Right these were the tabs in WMP under Options, & Library. I can't paste into here to show you. Some of these do seem useful and offer auto-updates etc?Maintaining Star Ratings, well I wouldn't want to lose the effort I made in doing this... rating songs?

    And the option for deleting from my computer, when from library... not sure what that means?Why I delete a song a list, I wish then to usually delete from the list on the album also, which has been saved?I find it really frustrating when, and I can't understand this... a playlist will show in a narrow margin on the right, but not on the main panel... leaving this blank?This is really frustrating. I'd like to see the list in 1 main big panel, not squashed to this narrow pane to the right?

    Again don't know why it does this or how to correct this please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-30T17:05:20+00:00

    Well thrust upon me in respect of the fact... this was the only way I could get the images for my music showing again... after hours of trying!

    So, if I rolled back W10 would this problem reoccur Ric?

    ****Also the font selection never works first time on here, so if there's a way of passing this on Ric please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-29T17:41:39+00:00

    It was probably a temporary glitch - there's a pinned thread for reporting forum performance problems in the community participation centre (link at bottom right of page). Thanks for offering the website link although you will see that your email address has been automatically hidden... the recommendation is that individuals maintain communication through the forum as a security/privacy measure and I do prefer to stick with that method.

    So you ended up with W 10 anyway did you? Was that intentional or was it thrust upon you? - R.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments