How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information if this doesn't work the first time?

Anonymous
2016-02-28T16:25:35+00:00

Hi,

    How do you "automatically" update your Windows Media Player album information, if this doesn't work the first time in respect of the data for the album, which WMP finds?

    I'm not finding the accuracy of the Player good at all; if there's a double album it seems to get these the wrong way around in respect of the details. And Sometimes it gets albums entirely wrong, when I had no difficult finding this on the internet?

    Before you respond I know 'Edit' and "Search" etc, but the editing process would take too long for each single. And Search is not working... I've typed the exact details in for the album, only for WMP to turn up 500+ results, which are not relevant?

    Also how do you prevent your playlists being lost, if your computer crashes? How do you Save etc or is there a quicker easier way to do this? Is there a way for instance of saving these online?

(Microsoft please have another look at this forum? For instance it is far too difficult to find, and when I've been writing, on pressing Return I lose the post? Also the font selection function italics etc did not work for me???)

PS Italics worked belatedly towards the end, when I highlighted the text I'd written.

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2017-05-08T18:18:35+00:00

Sorry for the delay - finally found time to read back through the thread - I don't think at this point I can offer any more suggestions. The sledgehammer option proposed by MS support may be about the only one left, and if you're (fairly) happy with how most stuff is working... that seems a bit drastic!

It seems MS techs are no longer bothered much about WMP - so many people having issues with it particularly in W10 (Burn/Rip problems; Incorrectly sized artwork; DRM - which MS promised to try to fix last August... etc.) Yet it's still a fundamental part of the OS.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-20T12:45:54+00:00

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/pictures?tab=Threads

    Hi Sebastian...

    This MMTV section is not the best place - there is more activity in the MPV forum (link above) - no need to re-post but if you search the topic there you'll find many threads dealing with this. I have answered quite a few myself.

    The one golden rule is never select the 'Update Album Information' option. This is more likely to mess up your library than put things right! As another poster said in your newer thread 'Find Album Information' is ok because it will only check the database for matches to that particular album. If it isn't there - or is incorrect - then just cancel and you can add the info yourself. I'll try and locate a post with a bit more detail and insert a link to it later...

    Regards, Ric.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-03T07:58:53+00:00

    Yeh it's Hollow Man Part 1 & 2?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-28T13:55:34+00:00

    Hi again Sebastian

    Whatever WMP shows as the running length when you insert the disc will be correct (and that is also how it should rip). I have just photosnipped to two different versions that are available on 'Spotify'. (Below) 1996 and 2011 - check the date on your CD.

    Pity about your problems with Word - your best bet would be to ask a new Q in another section of the forum - possibly here...  http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2016-word  although it's not an area I work in, but hope you can sort something. Regards, R.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-07T09:20:32+00:00

    * Microsoft Mentors and workers, can you not take the time to answer a question to one of your "your" own programs please???

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments