We don't have Silverlight on at least a couple of the computers that had the problem. I think that one is probably a coincidence and not related.
BSOD: The bugcheck was: 0x000000df
Hello!
I manage a small team of users running Windows 7 on a network and one of them is getting the BSOD with error "The bugcheck was: 0x000000df".
I tried various things to fix it and using Norton to clean everything up, and uninstalled various useless programmes. The problem seems to have subsided for her.
Then... I changed my own Norton installation from Norton Internet Security to Norton Security with Backup.. and five minutes after I do this I get the same BSOD with the same bugcheck!!
From what I can tell the 0xdf error seems to be a "IMPERSONATING WORKER THREAD" error but I cannot find out how fix this other than usual update drivers etc. Can I find out exactly which programme is causing this? Could it really be Norton or is that just a coincidence? I really don't want to have to do a clean Windows install.
The full error is The bugcheck was: 0x000000df (0xfffff800033b56c0, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0x0000000000000000).
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am downloading the Windows 7 SDK to be able to open the memory.dmp file now.
Here is a link to the dmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4qt2xojeadmxcu/MEMORY.zip?dl=0
Thanks!
Daniel
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-06-28T21:54:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-06-28T21:56:41+00:00 any update, we have machines down everywhere with norton on, issue is all same builds so not sure i can pini point it. Started happening Thursday hit and miss across three different networks
-
Anonymous
2016-06-28T22:09:06+00:00 I just called back into the office that was having the problem and they said the 3 computers I uninstalled Norton on have had no problems since I did that. At least one of the two other affected computers that I did NOT uninstall Norton on (yet) did get the 0xDF error. The second one may or may not have, as the user is out of the office today. This means we're up to 4 1/2 hours with no problems on the computers where Norton has been uninstalled, all while Norton computers are still having blue screens. This is quickly moving into "I think we fixed it" territory. If it's still good in the morning, I'm going to call it fixed.
If you're insistent on using Norton, I don't know what to tell you. If you don't particularly care about Norton one way or another, uninstall it and replace it with something, anything else.
-
Anonymous
2016-06-29T03:22:29+00:00 +1
ZZ, is right.
fffff880
03306708 fffff88007a41414*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMEFASI64.SYS<==== NortonSYMEFASI64+0x29414
fffff880
03306710 fffff8a018b20c38fffff880
03306718 0000000000000000fffff880
03306720 fffff8a018d6ca38fffff880
03306728 0000000000000019fffff880
03306730 fffff8a017716d58fffff880
03306738 0000000000000019fffff880
03306740 0000000000000001fffff880
03306748 fffff88007a41414 SYMEFASI64+0x29414fffff880
03306750 fffff8a00000032bfffff880
03306758 0000000000000001fffff880
03306760 0000000000000013fffff880
03306768 00000000000007fffffff880
03306770 0000000000000019fffff880
03306778 fffff88007ae0c11 SYMEFASI64+0xc8c11fffff880
03306780 0000000000000019fffff880
03306788 fffff88007b3c968 SYMEFASI64+0x124968fffff880
03306790 fffff8a013f398a8fffff880
03306798 fffff88007ad4ca3 SYMEFASI64+0xbcca3fffff880
033067a0 0000000000000013fffff880
033067a8 fffff88007aeadeb SYMEFASI64+0xd2debfffff880
033067b0 0000000000000019fffff880
033067b8 0000000000000003fffff880
033067c0 0000000000000000fffff880
033067c8 fffff8a0185f1438fffff880
033067d0 fffff8a018d6ca38fffff880
033067d8 fffff88007ad5a44 SYMEFASI64+0xbda44 -
Anonymous
2016-06-29T07:27:32+00:00 Hello,
we have the same problem with 4 computers with Norton Security. :(