PS should I turn the driver verifier back on and see what happens?
Thanks
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello!
I manage a small team of users running Windows 7 on a network and one of them is getting the BSOD with error "The bugcheck was: 0x000000df".
I tried various things to fix it and using Norton to clean everything up, and uninstalled various useless programmes. The problem seems to have subsided for her.
Then... I changed my own Norton installation from Norton Internet Security to Norton Security with Backup.. and five minutes after I do this I get the same BSOD with the same bugcheck!!
From what I can tell the 0xdf error seems to be a "IMPERSONATING WORKER THREAD" error but I cannot find out how fix this other than usual update drivers etc. Can I find out exactly which programme is causing this? Could it really be Norton or is that just a coincidence? I really don't want to have to do a clean Windows install.
The full error is The bugcheck was: 0x000000df (0xfffff800033b56c0, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0x0000000000000000).
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am downloading the Windows 7 SDK to be able to open the memory.dmp file now.
Here is a link to the dmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4qt2xojeadmxcu/MEMORY.zip?dl=0
Thanks!
Daniel
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
PS should I turn the driver verifier back on and see what happens?
Thanks
Interesting - that was one of the theories I had - all the affected machines here are Dell boxes.
Please let me know if the video driver udpate fixes - I will update as well.
I'' haveing the same issue in some intel NUC's with norton... I may try removing Norton
It could easily be both problems. Your current video driver is from 2014. There are much newer
For future reference please upload the DMP located @ C:\windows\minidump. They are 10x smaller so faster for you to upload and us to download. I am currently on a 4g metered connection and downloading a 1gig file chews through data in a heart beat.
I turned off driver verifier as it was basically making the PC unusable...
Then bam! I just got the BSOD again with the DF error again! Eeeek!!
Minidump here... https://www.dropbox.com/s/8hhf43jyrc31qfd/062816-28204-01.dmp?dl=0
Sure I turn the verifier on again and see what happens..? :/
Thanks!
Daniel
Yeah, I've got the same thing. 0xDF, happening on 4 computers in an office and dozens of computers where I'm not getting it. Happens between once a day and once an hour. Have Norton Internet Security installed (I noticed someone else mentioned Norton), but that's also installed on the computers not getting the error.
I also noticed someone mention Dell. 3 of the 4 are Dell, but the other is an HP.