Thanks,
I am getting complains from my users as well... I think I am Armed with the right info to tackle this issue tomorrow ....
Thanks for cooperating and arriving to the solution.
Cesar
BSOD: The bugcheck was: 0x000000df
Hello!
I manage a small team of users running Windows 7 on a network and one of them is getting the BSOD with error "The bugcheck was: 0x000000df".
I tried various things to fix it and using Norton to clean everything up, and uninstalled various useless programmes. The problem seems to have subsided for her.
Then... I changed my own Norton installation from Norton Internet Security to Norton Security with Backup.. and five minutes after I do this I get the same BSOD with the same bugcheck!!
From what I can tell the 0xdf error seems to be a "IMPERSONATING WORKER THREAD" error but I cannot find out how fix this other than usual update drivers etc. Can I find out exactly which programme is causing this? Could it really be Norton or is that just a coincidence? I really don't want to have to do a clean Windows install.
The full error is The bugcheck was: 0x000000df (0xfffff800033b56c0, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0x0000000000000000).
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am downloading the Windows 7 SDK to be able to open the memory.dmp file now.
Here is a link to the dmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4qt2xojeadmxcu/MEMORY.zip?dl=0
Thanks!
Daniel
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-06-30T02:38:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-06-29T22:36:14+00:00 DF has been popping up all over the place. I suspect a Norton update stuffed up.
Happy to help & good luck
-
Anonymous
2016-06-29T21:28:57+00:00 Yeah, I'm at a full day now where the computers w/o Norton have been fine. It's fixed.
Thanks to all for your assistance with this issue, including DADanielEJ33 for posting it here, ZigZag3143 for suggesting it was Norton early on, and Microfiche, tnaant, CSVJS, DynaEan, KentKuhler, Superior82, and anyone I missed for taking the time to chime in and mention that they had Norton too. Also kudos to XP ROCKS! for pointing out the SYMEFASI64.SYS connection to Norton.
This problem was... frustrating. It's been ages since I've been on a problem where Google was such a wasteland. Glad to have somehow found this thread. Also, that "Norton causing BSOD" thread Microfiche linked to looks interesting, especially for those who don't plan on hitting the problem with the "uninstall Norton" hammer.
Thanks all!
-
Anonymous
2016-06-29T19:07:54+00:00 I started seeing the issue on Thursday last week. Also on a domain... and also use Norton.
-
Anonymous
2016-06-29T16:14:26+00:00 I have as well. I was originally told that they had a fix, but that was not the case.
Wasted piles on time on chat this AM though.