Did you not read this thread. It is SYmantec and the solution is obvious. Remove it. IMHO it is rubbish anyway
BSOD: The bugcheck was: 0x000000df
Hello!
I manage a small team of users running Windows 7 on a network and one of them is getting the BSOD with error "The bugcheck was: 0x000000df".
I tried various things to fix it and using Norton to clean everything up, and uninstalled various useless programmes. The problem seems to have subsided for her.
Then... I changed my own Norton installation from Norton Internet Security to Norton Security with Backup.. and five minutes after I do this I get the same BSOD with the same bugcheck!!
From what I can tell the 0xdf error seems to be a "IMPERSONATING WORKER THREAD" error but I cannot find out how fix this other than usual update drivers etc. Can I find out exactly which programme is causing this? Could it really be Norton or is that just a coincidence? I really don't want to have to do a clean Windows install.
The full error is The bugcheck was: 0x000000df (0xfffff800033b56c0, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0xfffffa800778cf40, 0x0000000000000000).
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am downloading the Windows 7 SDK to be able to open the memory.dmp file now.
Here is a link to the dmp file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f4qt2xojeadmxcu/MEMORY.zip?dl=0
Thanks!
Daniel
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-07-07T10:46:06+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-07-07T05:49:45+00:00 Hi, I have 4 computers have the same problem, i.e.: window 7 64 bit, with norton security with back up, and all of them are restarting very often, with bug check error 0x000000df IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD. I would like to know any solution to solve this problem? As I chatted with Norton support, they said it's my computer problem, not related to them (Norton). Thanks for help.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-07T05:48:50+00:00 Hi, I have 4 computers have the same problem, i.e.: window 7 64 bit, with norton security with back up, and all of them are restarting very often, with bug check error 0x000000df IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD. I would like to know any solution to solve this problem? As I chatted with Norton support, they said it's my computer problem, not related to them (Norton). Thanks for help.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-06T17:12:54+00:00 Our computers are not joined to a domain but we have Norton 360 Premier.
The computer that's BSoDing updates and probably restarts on its own over night. The computer I'm using keeps asking me to restart to finish installing updates but I haven't done it yet. I suspect if I let those updates install, I'll start BSoDing as well.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-05T10:22:10+00:00 Me too. I just updated Norton Security via Norton Live Update. And I think BSOD has been gone.