Windows 7 Updates not downloading.

Anonymous
2016-04-21T22:26:45+00:00

My Windows 7 machine will not download updates.  I have the system setup for manual selection and installation of updates.  When I choose the updates I want and say download, the "Downloading updates" screen displays and does nothing.  It says it is downloading 123 updates, but it sits at 0 KB total, 0% complete.  Please help.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T23:13:15+00:00

    well, it could work, but I'm wondering how it can be possible, if KB3145739 & KB3153199 don't modify and don't update none of the files related with Windows Update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-12T08:08:52+00:00

    I can confirm that installing KB3153199 fixed the problem (Win7 Home Premium x64 SP1). Windows update started downloading updates after couple of minutes of thinking and found 14 important updates.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-13T01:08:36+00:00

    I tried to download the update. Windows Update Standalone Installer opens.  It searches for updates on my computer.  That's where it stops.  It keeps searching endlessly.  Doesn't do anything more.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-13T02:14:52+00:00

    One hour later, still "searching for updates on this computer."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-05-13T16:12:40+00:00

    Please set automatic update search to "Never check for updates", restart and try again.

    Regards, VZ

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments