KB3145739 & KB3153199 are not related with fixes for Windows Update, these updates are to fix others issues, see the KB articles here...
Windows 7 Updates not downloading.
My Windows 7 machine will not download updates. I have the system setup for manual selection and installation of updates. When I choose the updates I want and say download, the "Downloading updates" screen displays and does nothing. It says it is downloading 123 updates, but it sits at 0 KB total, 0% complete. Please help.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T13:48:17+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-05-11T14:10:59+00:00 The reason why sfc /scannow doesn't find any problems is that it doesn't know Windows update is broken. It appears to be some kind of bug in netsvcs dll which trustedinstaller is trying to use. My uneducated guess is that it's an endless loop which locks one thread. This is then showing as 50% cpu use in dual cores and 25% in quad cores. The memory use of netsvcs goes rapidly up to 0,5Gb which again if I'm guessing is some kind of safety limit for a dll memory usage. Not sure about that.
I don't know if any of this is reaching Microsoft's developers, do they read this forum, but someone could tell them. This is such a big issue that even a dinosaur like Microsoft should have noticed it by now, rather than keep forum employees posting useless fixing tips.
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T16:10:00+00:00 KB3145739 & KB3153199 are not related with fixes for Windows Update
They are necessary to fix the issue on current installations. I know what I'm talking about and have tested both of them, one as recent as yesterday.
@Paul: The reason why sfc /scannow doesn't find any problems is because there are none. The issue occurs on newly installed systems. Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 has been working fine until the appearance of Windows 10. It gets into some kind of resonance with the new updates to be searched for now. The problem lies in the interaction between the old default windows update agent and recent updates, plus some more issues with recent update clients and recent updates.
Regards, VZ
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T20:47:55+00:00 Thanks for the information. This seems to have sorted out my problems for now.
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T21:02:06+00:00 You're welcome. :)