Windows 7 Updates not downloading.

Anonymous
2016-04-21T22:26:45+00:00

My Windows 7 machine will not download updates.  I have the system setup for manual selection and installation of updates.  When I choose the updates I want and say download, the "Downloading updates" screen displays and does nothing.  It says it is downloading 123 updates, but it sits at 0 KB total, 0% complete.  Please help.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:04:42+00:00

    Many updates were successfully installed, many failed.  There are around 155 total.  In System and Security, when I select Check for updates, it starts checking, but does nothing more.  It just stays at the Checking for updates screen.  

    Still doesn't explain why some updates installed and some didn't.

    So, two separate issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:09:31+00:00

    Many updates were successfully installed, many failed.  There are around 155 total.  In System and Security, when I select Check for updates, it starts checking, but does nothing more.  It just stays at the Checking for updates screen.  

    Still doesn't explain why some updates installed and some didn't.

    So, two separate issues.

    maybe you have corrupted Windows Update folders, try use my tool to fix that first (run as admin): http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/J62uSUSQ/file.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:24:05+00:00

    How long should I give it to check for updates and do nothing before I figure it didn't work?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:38:25+00:00

    Another curious thing.  In the Checking for updates window, it says:

    Most recent check for updates:  Never

    Updates were installed:  Never

    Update history is empty.

    But then I view installed updates from the Control Panel, and I see that updates were installed as recently as 5/5.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-05-11T02:49:47+00:00

    it should take around 10 minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments