KB3145739 & KB3153199 are not related with fixes for Windows Update, these updates are to fix others issues, see the KB articles here...
Windows 7 Updates not downloading.
My Windows 7 machine will not download updates. I have the system setup for manual selection and installation of updates. When I choose the updates I want and say download, the "Downloading updates" screen displays and does nothing. It says it is downloading 123 updates, but it sits at 0 KB total, 0% complete. Please help.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T13:48:17+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-05-11T13:04:54+00:00 This is the golden words, they should be delivered strictly HQ Microsoft, or even God's ears (for Real Support).
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T12:23:43+00:00 The general issue has returned with patch day May. This month's solution is to install KB3153199 in advance
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52214
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52232
and, if you don't already have it, KB3145739.
Regards, VZ
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T12:07:22+00:00 for Windows Update error 0x80070490 check this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/958044
-
Anonymous
2016-05-11T11:15:51+00:00 I'm only going to install programs from Microsoft, not from some random source. However that Diagnostics tool shows an error: Windows Update error 0x80070490(2016-05-11-T-01_59_11P). I think this is the same error as last time. These Microsoft diagnostics and fix it programs can't seem to fix the problem, so why even bother running them? Also, after running the Diagnostics tool updates show "never" as if no updates were installed, but they are there.
You can't turn off updates, because then security is compromised, as if it wasn't bad enough on Windows in the first place.