The problem isn't with shutdown time but with boot time, startup time!!!
You want to drive me crazy apparently!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!
If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...
What happens?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The problem isn't with shutdown time but with boot time, startup time!!!
You want to drive me crazy apparently!
Hello Olivier,
Thank you for responding.
I would suggest you to run this Microsoft hotfix and check.
Refer:
Startup takes a long time on a Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2-based computer that has an Intel Nehalem-EX CPU installed
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/983460
Thank you
I don't have an Intel Nehalem-EX CPU so this fix isn't applicable for me.
Can you please have my ticket escalated and seriously investigated? I don't want losing time anymore with basic attempts like install this patch or this one hopping one will work... My PC isn't a test environment...
Hello Olivier,
Thank you for replying.
You may contact Microsoft support for raising a ticket.
https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/support/contact-us
However, I would suggest you to run check disk to fix any errors in the hard drive which may be causing the issue.
Please follow these steps:
a. Click Start, type cmd in start search box, right click cmd in search results and click run as administrator.
b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.
chkdsk /f /r
Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.
Thank you
I already performed the check disk several times as you can imagine and it didn't help.
I need to pay to get support via tickets and there is no way I will pay to get support for a bug on a feature that is supposed to work. I paid a lot of money for a Windows 7 Pro license and it isn't working the way it should so I expect Microsoft to fix the bug for free. This is part of the S/W warranty agreement...