When do you think I will get a fix? You are supposed to deliver technical support to users buying a Windows license. How comes that you don't provide this support? Are you waiting for me to migrate to Windows 10? This isn't gonna happen based the poor quality of support and products!
Reboot takes more than 4 minutes!
I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!
If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...
What happens?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-04-13T06:29:33+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-02-28T09:36:02+00:00 I guess this is a joke... 2 months for such an update...
This problem has been reported by several users. If your backup includes a system image, then Windows will eventually take 3-4 minutes to boot. Otherwise, for a regular backup WITHOUT a system image, it takes 30 seconds.
I have already troubleshooted the problem with the system performance profiler and the process eating all the startup time is related to the partition integrity check. So please check the problem on your end and come back with a fix ASAP!
-
Anonymous
2016-02-28T09:05:28+00:00 Hi Olivier,
Thank you for the update and apologies for late response.
I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) except mouse and the keyboard and check if the issue persists.
If the issue does not occur with the external device connected then, try connecting one device at a time to check which hardware causing the issue. If you come to know the hardware device which is causing the issue then try updating the drivers for the hardware device and check if that helps.
Method 1: Let’s run the performance troubleshooter and check if that helps.
Open the Performance troubleshooter
Method 2: If the issue persists then, run the fixit provided in the following link and check if that helps.
Fix Windows system performance problems on slow Windows computers
Method 3: I would suggest you to perform SFC scan and check if it the issue persists. To do so, please refer the following article.
The SFC /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. For more information how to do SFC/ scan, please follow this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
Refer the following link to update drivers for hardware which is causing the issue.
Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly
Hope the suggestions help.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-26T09:03:55+00:00 Hello,
When can I expect to get a patch for this issue? The delay is unacceptable. I have paid a lot of money for the official license and the service associated with it. How comes that this support is so unresponsive?!!!
-
Anonymous
2016-02-03T08:43:42+00:00 Hello,
Can you please indicate when a fix will be made available for this bug?
Thanks!
Olivier