Reboot takes more than 4 minutes!

Anonymous
2015-12-20T11:32:39+00:00

I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!

If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...

What happens?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-03T14:04:35+00:00

    I have spent hours debugging the issue. I turned on Microsoft startup performance profited and came to the conclusion that the issue was caused by a startup routine checking partition integrity. Turning it off it definitely not something I'll do. This isn't a solution nor a viable workaround. Now Microsoft has to fix this issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-03T14:02:08+00:00

    Hello,

    I already ran the sfc scanner. This is one of the first things I had attempted... Obviously, it didn't help...

    To be honest, I don't think it is my job to debug Microsoft bugs. It won't work if you send me every 4 months one command to run. I expect your support to be a bit more focused and efficient. 4 months to get reply is just crazy...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-02T08:29:37+00:00

    Hi Olivier

    I do not think that a backup including a system image is causing the problem, at least not on its own. The reason I say that is because I use backup and include a system image each week.  I don't really see how backup could cause the problem, yes I know it appears to be doing so!

    This appears to be the problem! "...it was related to the Microsoft program checking the partition integrity at startup..." Not sure how backup is causing this problem.

    See if this is of any help:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfKP92i1Sp4

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-02T07:58:49+00:00

    Hello Olivier,

    Thank you for your response.

    I appreciate your time.

    I would suggest you to run Microsoft safety scanner to check and remove any virus or malware which may be causing the issue.

    Refer:

    Microsoft safety scanner

    http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

    Note: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

    Please keep us updated.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-06-23T13:27:38+00:00

    Still no answer... I can't believe on how you handle service. I paid a lot of money for my windows 7 pro license! How comes that nobody is replying?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments