Reboot takes more than 4 minutes!

Anonymous
2015-12-20T11:32:39+00:00

I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!

If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...

What happens?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T09:40:55+00:00

    This is the last thing I would do... I don't want to lose data or configuration setup. Even if you say that it is hitless, I know what hitless means for Microsoft.

    I expect a patch asap now. This issue has been opened for a while and the answers provided aren't acceptable!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T09:33:29+00:00

    Hello Olivier,

    Thank you for your reply.

    I would suggest you to perform in-place upgrade and check the issue.

    Refer this article:

    How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2255099

    Note: I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T09:29:15+00:00

    I already performed the check disk several times as you can imagine and it didn't help.

    I need to pay to get support via tickets and there is no way I will pay to get support for a bug on a feature that is supposed to work. I paid a lot of money for a Windows 7 Pro license and it isn't working the way it should so I expect Microsoft to fix the bug for free. This is part of the S/W warranty agreement...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T09:19:35+00:00

    Hello Olivier,

    Thank you for replying.

    You may contact Microsoft support for raising a ticket.

    https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/support/contact-us

    However, I would suggest you to run check disk to fix any errors in the hard drive which may be causing the issue.

    Please follow these steps:

    a. Click Start, type cmd in start search box, right click cmd in search results and click run as administrator.

    b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

    chkdsk /f /r

    Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2016-07-04T07:48:32+00:00

    I don't have an Intel Nehalem-EX CPU so this fix isn't applicable for me.

    Can you please have my ticket escalated and seriously investigated? I don't want losing time anymore with basic attempts like install this patch or this one hopping one will work... My PC isn't a test environment...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments