There is no corruption. I have made several pass of the sfc scanner and it hasn't detected any corruption so why are you keeping on suggesting that there is a corruption? There is just a bug. Please investiage and patch it!
Reboot takes more than 4 minutes!
I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!
If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...
What happens?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-07-07T08:50:04+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-07-07T08:21:05+00:00 Hi Olivier,
Thank you for the update.
In-place upgrade is upgrade process that you choose at the time of installing. This means nothing but running Windows installation files that re-writes current ones and fixes those files which are corrupted. Your data and settings remain. However, it is good to backup your data just in case.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-06T08:10:52+00:00 Hello,
There is no way I will perform this as there is a risk of data loss... You need to debug the issue on your side and come up with a patch. My PC isn't a test environment. I have performed enough tests so far.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-06T07:20:56+00:00 Hello Olivier,
Thank you for the reply.
I hope that you may have tried performing in-place upgrade.
Please reply with results.
Thank you
-
Anonymous
2016-07-04T19:14:05+00:00 Same for me, no previous versions available.
System protection is only set on System Drive for my computer.