I explained you that my PC can't work with full backups as when there is a system image included, then the startup takes 4 minutes to happen. So how can you say "I hope that you have backup personal files and data"? Is it a joke?
Reboot takes more than 4 minutes!
I made a backup of my Windows 7. It includes a system image. Following this, the computer takes 4 minutes to reboot on every boot!
If I perform the very same backup without a system image, there is no impact on the boot time which is then around 30 seconds...
What happens?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-07-04T10:42:16+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-07-04T10:02:17+00:00 Maybe if somebody can reproduce the problem they can help figure out what the problem is.
Will you supply a few links to where the problem has been reported by several users so we can compare them?
What is the "Microsoft program checking the partition integrity" that you determined that runs at startup that takes all the time?
How much time does it take when it is misbehaving?
How much time does it take when it is not misbehaving?
What is the drive letter of the device where Windows is installed?
What is the drive letter of the device where your backup is installed?
Are either of these devices solid state drives?
I think if it was a Windows bug millions of people all over the world would be complaining about it so it could be something peculiar to your installation and those of the others where you report are having the same problem.
-
Anonymous
2016-07-04T09:48:31+00:00 Hello Olivier,
Thank you for the response.
I hope that you have backup of your personal files and data.
I also hope that in-place upgrade may resolve the issue.
Please keep us informed.
Thank you
-
Anonymous
2016-07-04T09:40:55+00:00 This is the last thing I would do... I don't want to lose data or configuration setup. Even if you say that it is hitless, I know what hitless means for Microsoft.
I expect a patch asap now. This issue has been opened for a while and the answers provided aren't acceptable!
-
Anonymous
2016-07-04T09:33:29+00:00 Hello Olivier,
Thank you for your reply.
I would suggest you to perform in-place upgrade and check the issue.
Refer this article:
How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2255099
Note: I highly recommend backing up all of your important files and folders onto an external storage device before attempting any type of OS repair or upgrade.
Thank you