I also have the same problem using the built-in Microsoft Mail client. I have a "hotmail" and "gmail" account both in-sync with this app, and both fail to download any attachments. When I use the web GUI for either email account, though, downloads of attachments work just fine.
Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed
I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".
The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.
I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.
It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.
Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2016-01-01T18:11:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-01-14T16:58:42+00:00 The problem is not yet be corrected. Received a PDF attachment today where the Windows 10 mail app gives "download failed". Went to Outlook.com (preview) and the attachment opened just fine. Went to the Outlook app on Samsung Galaxy and the attachment opened just fine. Went back to the Windows 10 mail app and tried an email from Dec 23 with a PDF attachment from the same sender (invoices) . . . worked fine. I am running Office 7 (not Office 365) on this particular device and the email account has been in existence for several years.
Maybe there is a relationship to Microsoft's migration of Hotmail to Exchange. I have several Hotmail / MSN / Outlook email accounts, some migrated and some not. I know the migration causes serious problem with my Office 10 Outlook management of multiple email accounts. Things that worked perfect before the partially completed migration now don't work correctly.
I hope that Microsoft is not losing focus on their own Windows based apps as they increase focus on apps on other operating systems.
-
Anonymous
2016-01-20T00:50:19+00:00 my windows mail/outlook works fine unless someone attaches something around 4mb then it will not download and I get the following
Unable to send or receive messages for the Att (ecrosetti) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.
Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes
I then can go and access it via my phone and then delete it and outlook/mail is happy again
this has happened several times.
-
Anonymous
2016-01-20T22:00:03+00:00 I am having the same problem as has been reported. I always get the attachments from my outlook app on my android phone but not on my desktop mail app. I can also access the attachments if I login to the outlook web browser. I have been able to get around the problem sometimes by forwarding the email from my phone to myself and the opening the attachments through the desktop app? But that is a pain.
-
Anonymous
2016-02-04T02:52:42+00:00 All attachments to emails received on my aol account has the message "download failed". Even atachments that I previously opened last week. It appears to be ok on my gmail. I don't understand how the mail app can properly download an attachment on one account and not the other.