Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed

Anonymous
2015-11-11T05:32:31+00:00

I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".

The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.

I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.

It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.

Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-12T02:15:48+00:00

    Same problem here. I cannot download most attachments. Randomly, some will download. This is Microsoft mail talking to outlook.com account. The files are common file types. Even jpg. One email they download. The next they will not, no matter how many times I click on the attachment to try. My entire setup is Microsoft Windows 10 talking to Microsoft outlook.com mail account.

    Let's get a fix going Microsoft! This is ridiculous!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-18T00:27:42+00:00

    I too am having this problem. I sent a pdf attachment to my microsoft email account and couldn't download it in the Windows 10 mail app. I sent it to my yahoo email account and I could download it in the mail app. Sounds like yet another glitch with the recent updates. Maybe someday they won't put out these updates until they know they will work... yeah right...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-21T22:09:40+00:00

    Not sure if it has anything to do with file size. I have an e-mail with (5) attachements. (4) downloaded OK (less than 10 Mb, (1) failed to download (more than 10 Mb); all are PDFs; Happens with (2) different exchange accounts.

    W.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-22T13:09:54+00:00

    I have same set up... Hotmail account, windows 10 on new desktop...used to download everything fine then stopped recently...poss end October like the others...

    driving me nuts - but there's no problem downloading in windows 7 on laptop for same email... having to jump between machines 

    Was surprised when I googled and saw so many with same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-27T17:54:22+00:00

    Same problem as everyone else. Used to work until a few weeks ago. Old attachments download fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments