Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed

Anonymous
2015-11-11T05:32:31+00:00

I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".

The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.

I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.

It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.

Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-24T17:51:44+00:00

    I have done the following.

    I created a second admin account.

    I deleted the first account that was giving me problems

    I recreated the first account, did not solve the problem!

    I have now performed a complete reinstall of windows starting with Win 8 then upgraded.

    Now I am getting this message:

    I ran in CMD  scf /scannow  - checked out ok.

    I cannot add a second email account to the Win 10 app.

    I get the "something went wrong" message when I try to add my email account through the outlook.com option.  I can add it with the other account option.

    UPDATE: 11/25  -  I can add the account via other, but it will not sync.

    ***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-29T19:24:10+00:00

    I did this which worked:

    created an admin account 

    removed the original account with the problem

    went in to hotmail via the web

    deleted the notes folder(which appeared when I updated to IOS9 on my iphone) and deleted it again from the deleted items

    deleted the POP3 folder and deleted it again from the deleted items

    then logged in again with the original account

    and synced the mail again through the app with my original account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-03T17:00:29+00:00

    I am having the same problem as described in this thread.  Mail worked perfectly in Windows 10 until about 2-3 weeks ago, then started getting download failed message.  This is obviously a flaw created by Microsoft.  I am not technically adept and have no desire to start removing and reloading programs.  It appears this issue has been reported long enough for Microsoft to react and fix.  Totally disappointed with issues in latest Microsoft releases.  Apple??

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-05T11:19:38+00:00

    Hi Ed

    Totally agree with you - I am not technically adept and do not intend to start creating admin accounts, deleting things etc.  This was working fine and then stopped so should be something Microsoft should fix.  Totally disappointed with Microsoft.

    Lynn

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-07T23:44:42+00:00

    Same problem with my son's laptop running Windows 10 and his Yahoo mail account.  He can open and download pdf files, but not MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint!  Waiting for a MicroSoft response on this community forum....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments