Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed

Anonymous
2015-11-11T05:32:31+00:00

I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".

The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.

I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.

It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.

Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-21T05:09:04+00:00

    Seems to be a common issue - used to work for me and stopped a little while ago.  Only have the main outlook account in windows 10 mail and can't download any attachments.  Works when I open my account via the a web browser.

    Ran the troubleshooter - no problems

    Can't delete account as it is the main one

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-22T15:42:57+00:00

    Same problem encountered here as well.

    The attachments can be downloaded directly via browser access but Windows 10 Mail app it fails.

    I updated Windows 10 to the latest greatest and restarted as well.

    I have an email attachment from Oct 18th which I can download via this app.

    Seems the problem has arisen after 10/18.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-22T16:00:43+00:00

    HI Lynn,

    If you want to delete the main windows mail account here the steps:

    1. In the main account create a new local user account and give to him administrator power
    2. Log off from the main account
    3. Log in with the new local admin account
    4. Then now you can delete the main windows mail account.
    5. Log off from the new local user account
    6. Log in with the main account
    7. then recreate the windows mail account

    GoodLuck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-23T00:54:51+00:00

    It is an Exchange Active Sync issue. In the mail app it is caused by using the server eas.outlook.com which is found under settings account.

    I have not been able to find a way to resolve the issue, as because my account is tied to my Office365 subscription the app will not allow the server to be changed.

    There are various other users / posts identifying a similar problem, with many of them having contacted Microsoft Support. However a resolution has not been identified.

    This appears to be a issue where we have to wait for Microsoft to get it together and resolve the server issues at their end.

    In my case, deleting the mail account after switching to a local account made absolutely no difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    60+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-23T02:57:21+00:00

    I would like to know if Lynn has the same office365 account. Because I am not sure if everybody as the similar issue like you. Yours is perhaps relate to office365 but some people have no office365 account. But I am sure the issue is about the POP and SMTP servers configuration for most of people.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments