Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed

Anonymous
2015-11-11T05:32:31+00:00

I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".

The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.

I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.

It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.

Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-11T06:53:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

    I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

    In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

    Are you able to download attachments through web browser?

    Does the issue occur only with outlook.com mails?

    Meanwhile I suggest you to run the app troubleshooter and check if it helps**.**

    **http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps**

    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-12T04:22:37+00:00

    Yes, I can download from the main browser.

    I only have my outlook.com account running through the Windows 10 app.

    The troubleshooter does not identify any issues.

    Any other suggestions?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-12T09:49:17+00:00

    Hello,

    We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

    I suggest you to remove and reconfigure your e-mail account in Mail app and check if helps to resolve your issue.

    Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T19:46:36+00:00

    How do you remove and reconfigure e-mail account in mail app exactly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T20:01:44+00:00

    Hi,

    The issue is coming from your outgoing and incoming email servers. Check with your Internet provider and be sure to get from them the right SMTP and POP configuration.

    GoodLuck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments