Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed

Anonymous
2015-11-11T05:32:31+00:00

I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".

The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.

I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.

It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.

Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-11-18T22:00:18+00:00

    I have the same Error as Massavedynamic.

    I tried a different Mail Client (Mailbird) and there all attachments are downloaded correctly.

    I have also noticed that an attachment is downloaded correctly in the Standard Mail app when it is running while I receive the new email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T01:01:32+00:00

    Do you think we send and receive an email without smtp and POP. Windows 10 mail uses smtp and POP. Take a look at this link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/windows-mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-16T00:47:31+00:00

    I'm not sure this has anything to do with the ISP as SMTP & POP are not used in the Windows 10 mail app, when using an outlook.com account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T20:01:44+00:00

    Hi,

    The issue is coming from your outgoing and incoming email servers. Check with your Internet provider and be sure to get from them the right SMTP and POP configuration.

    GoodLuck

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-14T19:46:36+00:00

    How do you remove and reconfigure e-mail account in mail app exactly?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments