I have the same problem and have made the same observations.
Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed
I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".
The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.
I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.
It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.
Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2015-11-24T03:33:57+00:00 -
Anonymous
2015-11-23T18:52:18+00:00 Same scenario, same problem.
I guess we have to wait until Microsoft releases an update to fix this common issue. If enough people report it to them, it gives them more pressure to do something about it. Mail app is very easy to use and touch friendly, also connects well with gmail. Only problem is the constant glitches it seems to be consumed with. Every time one problem is fixed, another one arises.
Went to windows store, guy said last major update should fix everything, but windows 10 is still in initial stages so these kind of bumps are normal.....
side note: I've been stuck on outlook(preview) mode when I log into my hotmail through a web browser for almost a year now. Apparently, I have to wait until Microsoft does something about this too.... :s
-
Anonymous
2015-11-23T11:24:33+00:00 I don't have an office365 account - I have a Hotmail account that I can access through the browser in logging into Microsoft Outlook in which I have no issues.
The problem has occurred with Windows 10 desktop mail in which I previously was fully able to view emails, download and view attachments which now provides a 'download failed' message from around October.
I don't want to start deleting or changing accounts - it all worked when I first upgraded and started using Windows 10 and the desktop mail icon. I will just continue to use it through the browser but very disappointing Microsoft - think the issue lies with you and you need to provide a resolution to it.
-
Anonymous
2015-11-23T02:57:21+00:00 I would like to know if Lynn has the same office365 account. Because I am not sure if everybody as the similar issue like you. Yours is perhaps relate to office365 but some people have no office365 account. But I am sure the issue is about the POP and SMTP servers configuration for most of people.
-
Anonymous
2015-11-23T00:54:51+00:00 It is an Exchange Active Sync issue. In the mail app it is caused by using the server eas.outlook.com which is found under settings account.
I have not been able to find a way to resolve the issue, as because my account is tied to my Office365 subscription the app will not allow the server to be changed.
There are various other users / posts identifying a similar problem, with many of them having contacted Microsoft Support. However a resolution has not been identified.
This appears to be a issue where we have to wait for Microsoft to get it together and resolve the server issues at their end.
In my case, deleting the mail account after switching to a local account made absolutely no difference.