Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed

Anonymous
2015-11-11T05:32:31+00:00

I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".

The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.

I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.

It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.

Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-03T17:00:29+00:00

    I am having the same problem as described in this thread.  Mail worked perfectly in Windows 10 until about 2-3 weeks ago, then started getting download failed message.  This is obviously a flaw created by Microsoft.  I am not technically adept and have no desire to start removing and reloading programs.  It appears this issue has been reported long enough for Microsoft to react and fix.  Totally disappointed with issues in latest Microsoft releases.  Apple??

    Ed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-29T19:24:10+00:00

    I did this which worked:

    created an admin account 

    removed the original account with the problem

    went in to hotmail via the web

    deleted the notes folder(which appeared when I updated to IOS9 on my iphone) and deleted it again from the deleted items

    deleted the POP3 folder and deleted it again from the deleted items

    then logged in again with the original account

    and synced the mail again through the app with my original account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-11-24T17:51:44+00:00

    I have done the following.

    I created a second admin account.

    I deleted the first account that was giving me problems

    I recreated the first account, did not solve the problem!

    I have now performed a complete reinstall of windows starting with Win 8 then upgraded.

    Now I am getting this message:

    I ran in CMD  scf /scannow  - checked out ok.

    I cannot add a second email account to the Win 10 app.

    I get the "something went wrong" message when I try to add my email account through the outlook.com option.  I can add it with the other account option.

    UPDATE: 11/25  -  I can add the account via other, but it will not sync.

    ***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-24T08:45:18+00:00

    Hi  Geethu B

    Bit of background that might help:

    1. Bought Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 8
    2. Have Hotmail email account which I used to just use with browser login to initially Hotmail then Outlook once Microsoft took over Hotmail.
    3. Upgraded Microsoft Surface Pro to Windows 10
    4. Have mail icon on desktop linked to Hotmail/outlook account.  Only one account is linked - primary account.
    5. Used to be able to download and view attachments but since October, this fails in the desktop icon mail account - don't get an error message pop up - just when you click on the attachment it comes up with download failed.
    6. Can still access account through browser login with no issues.
    7. Keep up to date with Windows Update.  Have checked and installed all updates but no difference.

    So - it was a feature with Windows 10 - have the icon on the desktop, be able to view and use mail etc - but no longer is usable if you want to view any attachments.

    I have  no desire to start deleting primary accounts, re-installing items etc.  I haven't changed anything on the surface pro - so must be a Microsoft issue either with outlook, Hotmail or an update that has changed something.

    Disappointing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-24T04:07:03+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

    To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

    1. What is the exact issue that you are facing with Mail App?
    2. Which email client are you using?
    3. Do you get any error messages?

    I suggest you to download and install all available Windows Updates and App Updates. Check if it helps.

    Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments