Having the same issue. Seems size of attachment matters. No problem with web download at all.
Windows 10 Mail Attachments - Download Failed
I am synching my outlook.com email across my desktop, tablet and windows phone. Over the past 3 weeks, the Windows 10 Mail app on each device shows the majority of (but not all) attachments as "Download Failed".
The attachments failing include, jpeg, pdf, docx, xlsx etc.
I am able to download the attachments manually from outlook.com.
It is not antivirus or firewall related, as I am running different options on the different devices.
Are others experiencing this issue and are there any known solutions.
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-01-13T09:54:24+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-01-12T15:22:53+00:00 I am having the same problem.
-
Anonymous
2016-06-08T06:15:23+00:00 Another 8 months gone by and the problem persists... Currently the W10 Mail App shows "Download failed" for a pdf. Accessing the Exchange server through OWA, I can download the attachment just fine. The standard W10 email app really is awful...
-
Anonymous
2016-05-30T16:48:31+00:00 6 months down the line and my email app is still not working , Microsoft help and advice a waste of time , ive spent ages talking to Microsoft technicians and they have taken control of my pc to try and resolve with no joy.
not surprised there is a helpful button to select but NO unhelpful option..... very very poor service
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more