My 950 xl has the same problem have tried resetting it for over 3 hours no life in it at all, has been on charge for hours. Help
Lumia 950 won't turn on
After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2016-10-08T23:34:52+00:00 -
Anonymous
2016-04-07T17:57:52+00:00 Ooookay, now I found a solution. When I tried charging via USB from the PC, the phone came back to life. Some would think that this means that the AC charger is broken, but after coming back to life the AC charger can continue the charging proces.
Reason I even tried the USB approach? I suddenly had the exact same problem with my 950XL that I had in my drawer (out of battery).
Cheers
Rene
-
Anonymous
2016-04-07T16:45:13+00:00 Just strikes me, the behaviour is totally similar to that of WP 7 and WP 8, if they ran out of battery and you tried charging via USB from PC. It somehow couldn't charge via USB from scratch and kept vibrating frequently with a black screen. Only AC charging would revive the phone. As said, same behaviour now with WP10 except it does not even revive with AC charging. HEEEELP
-
Anonymous
2016-04-07T16:39:04+00:00 Hi
I have the exact same problem with my 950. Except the way the phone went out in the first place was some time after a low battery warning where I continued to have my BT headset connected a car drive logging app running. The phone has not come back to live after I started charging. And it just vibrates every minutes or so. Neither soft nor hard reset initiates when pushing the buttons. Removing battery makes no difference either.
PLEASE ADVISE, MICROSOFT.
BR
Rene
-
Anonymous
2016-03-12T02:14:29+00:00 hi Ruth,
what Augustin has described above is EXACTLY what is going on with my phone. Took me a while reading through the forums to find it.
I tried what you said as well as the "hard reset" to reset an unresponsive phone and I am still getting nothing.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/reset-my-phone
I too have done nothing "special" to my phone.
any suggestions?
thanks!
-Heather