I had the same problem. I thought it was the phone, then I thought it was the battery. Nothing seemed to solve the problem, and I seemed to try everything I could think of over a couple of day period. I repeatedly removed the battery and tried to restart the charging process. I found the problem was actually the charger that plugs into the wall and to which I plug in the usb charging cable. Once I got a new one of those, my battery and phone was miraculously fixed. The sign is that if the charger is working correctly, as soon as you plug in the phone into the usb cable, there should be enough power to power on and boot up windows. In theory, this is even true if the battery is completely discharged. If the phone is plugged into the recharging cable and you still can't start the phone, the problem is the phone isn't getting enough power. Then the real question is: Why is the phone not getting the power it needs to start up? Then the answer is the charging cable or charger isn't getting enough energy to the phone.
Lumia 950 won't turn on
After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2017-03-11T06:57:50+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-02-17T13:01:15+00:00 my wife's 950 had the same problem last year, not only did it constantly turn off but also at time had a white cloudy screen like when the tv is on a no signal channel and sometime a buzzing sound. when the phone was under warranty i replaced the phone 2 times with AT&T before realizing its the battery. once we replaced the battery the phone work fine again, but the problem happened again with my wife's phone, so to no have her complain i gave her my battery which also had an issue of draining fast but not causing any shutting down issues or not turning on. now i am experiencing the issue shes been having now the phone does not want to turn on at all, i tried contact MS but of course they can help because the phone is out of warranty. what i think is the issue is the fast charging, if someone can confirm this maybe helpful. im into R/C cars and if you charge the lipo batteries at a higher rate than its recommended the n you will eventually destroy the battery, before the fast charging my L928 never had any issue other than the battery getting old and not holding a charge as it used to. i truly believe the issue is with the fast charging, it could be causing the battery issues, now i gotto spend $50 on a phone battery.
-
Anonymous
2017-01-15T19:27:09+00:00 ok so my phone has died about an hour or so ago for no reason.currently have it plugged in and charging but usually vibrates or something shortly after.hasnt done a thing just a black screen with no response to anything I press or do.someone please help me as ive got this on contract and I'm just over a year through a 2 year contract.what is your game Microsoft?
-
Anonymous
2016-12-02T14:30:05+00:00 I just experienced the same issue. Feel asleep on the couch and woke-up to a dead phone; plugged it in and went to bed, but when I grabbed it in the morning it was still totally dead, vibrating every few minutes/seconds and I couldn't do anything with it. I tried multiple charges, multiple cords, took the battery out for a bit, hard rest but nothing worked.
After reading this thread and a few others I took a last ditch effort and pulled out an old Nokia Qi charger that I was going to get rid of; sure enough it started charging and then after a few minutes it booted. I'm going to wait a few more minutes till it goes to 10% then I'll try the wall outlet charger and my guess is that it should continue to charge.
Hope this helps.
cS