Lumia 950 won't turn on

Anonymous
2016-01-06T11:59:15+00:00

After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-10-25T22:35:56+00:00

    I am following your approach, and it works to restart the phone without disturbing anything. It seems the phone is going into a estate of disconnection from the USB port. The PCs or Win OS tablets do not recognize the device and cannot synch with it. The wall outlet charger appears to lock out and may not charge the phone. A PC rear USB, where most the power is at, appears to boot up the device and charge it. I am under the belief that a software update is causing the problem. While many are suggesting to flash the phone with the recovery tool, it may do more harm than heal. 

    The issue is the USB is disconnecting and not synching with any device; it is what needs to be researched and shared for all of us who remain in the windows mobile platform.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-27T00:32:26+00:00

    I have given up on the dead 950, it is clearly gonzo. A new battery and cutting some background apps has helped the living 950 but I fear it will not be permanent and  that death is inevitable as is the second Android. *heavy sigh*

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T13:23:21+00:00

    Never got my 950 to work, Never got a replacement motherboard. Had to switch to Android. I hate it. I now use my surface for everything and my phone is just for calls and WhatsApp. Sadly I don't think anything will every fill the void of my windows phone experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T12:51:46+00:00

    Sorry about your phone, but very happy you're on Android!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T11:56:05+00:00

    The phone does nothing on the charger fo extended periods of time. No vibration and nothing on the screen. Doesn't matter if the battery in it is charged or dead either. There is also no connection to the PC when connected with a cable.

    I am sad that there is no support for these phones any longer but happy to have one working phone even if Android.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments