Lumia 950 won't turn on

Anonymous
2016-01-06T11:59:15+00:00

After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T03:09:56+00:00

    Yes, buy an Android like i did.

    Unfortunately I think you are right. The 950 that won't start has been replaced already. The second one that "only" has battery drain and random restarts so far will go the same way unless I find a solution pretty soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T02:59:31+00:00

    Yes, buy an Android like i did.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-09-26T02:48:18+00:00

    I have had similar problems with rapid battery discharge and shutdowns. I have replaced the battery with new ones and know good ones from other phones without resolution. Now this phone will not boot, even with a freshly charged battery. Sounds like the phone won't see the battery, sounds like the battery supply circuit that ahmed18 mentions. Does anybody have any input on that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-08-22T00:11:14+00:00

    Interesting. Notice any bulging around the edges of the phone?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2018-08-21T21:05:39+00:00

    I've had this problem on my wife's Lumia 950, but not my own.  Her phone goes black unexpectedly (twice while taking a picture) and won't turn on.  Hard reset with Power+VolumeDown does nothing.  Trying to power it from a USB-C cable causes the phone to vibrate every few seconds, but nothing happens.  Windows Device Recovery doesn't work, because the PC can't find the device.

    We fixed this three times by removing the battery, letting the phone sit for awhile without it, and then putting the battery back in.  When that didn't work this time, I tried putting the battery from my phone into hers and that fixed the problem.  I then put the battery from her phone into mine and caused my phone to reproduce the problem.  Per some feedback on this page, I put two small sheets of paper under the battery on the terminal end, to prop it up a bit, and put the battery back in.  Now my phone works with her old battery.  So... it seems like it might be a finicky battery connection problem.

    She had this problem both with her OEM battery and a replacement I bought her.  She also had problems with the battery draining fast, which I suppose could be related.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments