Lumia 950 won't turn on

Anonymous
2016-01-06T11:59:15+00:00

After nearly two weeks my phone turned off with roughly 30% battery and it doesn't turn back on,recovery tool doesn't recognize it and when i plug it in to my pc or when i plug the charger nothing happens but it vibrates shortly every minute or so the whole time it's plugged in,is there any way i can get it back to life ? Thanks.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-06-02T07:41:54+00:00

    Hi this has just happened to me, when you say a thin piece of paper, how thin? is it just a cut up piece or folded over at all?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-05-29T22:07:33+00:00

    I recently experienced this issue too (vibrates, might show MS logo, then goes blank).   I have been using the charging pillow from my old Lumia 920 so the battery was charged and it wasn't a USB issue.

    It turned out that the battery is actually the incorrect size for the battery compartment for the phone and it appears that there are tiny tolerances at play.  The first clue was the piece of plastic paper that was in the batter compartment when I bought the phone - I figured it was to ensure a snug fit.

    To fix my issue I added another thin piece of paper to raise the batter upwards slightly at the end with the connections, and then I added another piece to the wall of the compartment at the other end to ensure the battery is pressed firmly against the connections.

    My Lumia 950 now works again, the battery is full i.e. it was a always full, this was not a charging issue its an issue with the battery not connecting to the electrical connections correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-05-10T17:33:15+00:00

    I have a battery on the way, so I'm hoping that I have the same issue as your wife, just needing a new battery.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-03-13T16:12:22+00:00

    The Lumia 950s(a batch of them) have a problem of loose battery. Open the phone and wedge a piece of paper to make sure the battery gets tightly seated in the case and now try to charge it.

    I think the problem is with the battery. It is supposed to give 3.8V Output, and I checked with Multimeter and the output was only 2.4V.  Given at a local service center to check it. Hope they retrieve it. 

    The Pictures are important for me. Pictures from my visit to FC Bayern Game this saturday :( 

    I am already heart broken. 

    Fingers crossed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Pallav Chakraborty 1,360 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2017-03-13T15:59:00+00:00

    The Lumia 950s(a batch of them) have a problem of loose battery. Open the phone and wedge a piece of paper to make sure the battery gets tightly seated in the case and now try to charge it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments