Coin Balance Disappears on Microsoft Jackpot

Anonymous
2015-12-11T02:33:45+00:00

On 12/10/2015 after opening the Jackpot game a window appeared stating, "There was a problem saving your coin balance to the cloud.  Please check your internet connection and try again."  Selecting "Try Again" was futile so I selected "Continue Anyway" and played the game for awhile and then closed the game.  After opening it later I discovered all my points were gone but yet my current level (148) was still saved.  I had this same problem over a month ago and chatted the problem with Xbox support who in turn referred me to Windows tech support who in turn referred me to Xbox support who referred me to Windows tech support.  I even asked if someone there could just deposit my lost coin balance but no one could!!!  I uninstalled the game, restarted my computer and then reinstalled Microsoft Jackpot and "VOILA" everything returned!  Unfortunately, that fix action did nothing for me today.  I've lost over five million points in my coin balance and I don't want to chat with more people who can't help me.  What's the deal with this game?!  I purchased $99.99 worth of coins on 12/09/2015, built that up to over 5,460,000 coins and now it's gone!  Frustration and anger aren't strong enough words!!!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-12T00:33:09+00:00

    Same issue here. I have been getting this message for days now.  When I look at the Xbox achievements for jackpot the last one was 11/27. Which was around when the 1511 update messed with the display driver on my surface, which caused me to have to first repair and then reinstall windows completely.  Now this... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-13T09:06:31+00:00

    Hi Bass,

    Thank you for replying.

    To check updates for store games follow the steps below:

    1. Open Windows Store and click on the user profile name located at the top right of the window.
    2. Select Downloads and updates from the options.
    3. Click on Check for updates from the window and check if you have any pending updates to be installed.
    4. After the updates are installed, check if the changes are effective.

    If the issue should persist, we have a dedicated support team for gaming issues, I suggest you to post your query in the **Xbox support forum** for better assistance and guidance regarding the issue.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T05:43:00+00:00

    Likhitha,

    Like others, I have experienced the loss of won coins (45k) within jackpot will retaining my current level (143).  I do have one question for clarity regarding your earlier post that part of the problem from the users side:

    "You will experience this issue when you are not connected to the internet when playing Microsoft Jackpot. Also the cloud will store the points and achievements you save when you are exiting the game, make sure there will be no drop in the internet connection when performing this action." 

    Over the past 96-72 hours, every time I have entered jackpot I received the error msg:  "There was a problem saving your coin balance to the cloud.  Please check your internet connection and try again."   Try again has never allowed me to move forward since the first error began.  Which has been confusing as Jackpot shows I'm signed into your x-box servers (green check mark in user id area).  I also tend to pop in and out of the game using edge to browse,  and have consistently had full, uninterrupted access to the web.  This evening (after 10PM EST) marks the first time that I have returned to Jackpot and received a message that I was offline, again, was on net entire time I wasn't in jackpot with no drop in connection.  First time back, clicking my Xbox ID signed me in and I moved forward without any difficulty, no loss of funds.  Second return approximately 45 minutes later: One click reset my sign in, but coin total reset to 500. 

    On, what I suspect is another issue related to the recent version upgrade; in the past 96-72 hours, I am also experiencing frequent display driver failures, an average of 10-12 every day during this period.  I'll be running smoothly and either the display will freeze, for between 5-6 seconds before closing the game and returning me to the desktop. Jackpot is the only application where this is occurring.  There is no identifiable pattern in terms of time or number of spins between failures  (over 3 hours with no crash vs 2 crashes within 10 minutes).   The failure is not related to any specific game activity (regular play, bonus rounds, bonus spins). I can verify that has occurred while playing Treasure of the Ancients and Jackpots are Forever.  

    I apologize for expanding the thread from "lost coins" but as I'm sure you are looking at possibility of a patch as opposed to a full blown version upgrade; wanted to ensure this additional problem is on your radar as well. 

    A review of Errors in the Administrative Event Log showed the following on 12/13

    Error 1000 (9 incidents noted)

    - System
    - Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Application Error <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    - EventID 1000 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
    Task 100 <br> --- --- ---
    Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
    - TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2015-12-14T02:50:40.789885500Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    EventRecordID 1538 <br> --- --- ---
    Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
    Computer JDWlaptop <br> --- --- ---
    Security <br> --- ---
    - EventData
    Microsoft Jackpot.exe
    1.0.0.0
    55f3621f
    combase.dll
    10.0.10586.0
    5632d304
    c000027b
    00166abe
    53b8
    01d135dd1d39d161
    C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftJackpot_1.4.10.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Microsoft Jackpot.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\combase.dll
    610277a8-3670-4dfd-a1e0-be93269e31e5
    Microsoft.MicrosoftJackpot_1.4.10.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    App

    Error 4101 (8 incidents noted)

    System
    - Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Display <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    - EventID 4101 <br> --- --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Qualifiers] 0 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    Level 3 <br> --- --- ---
    Task 0 <br> --- --- ---
    Keywords 0x80000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
    - TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2015-12-14T02:50:38.793835400Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    EventRecordID 1365 <br> --- --- ---
    Channel System <br> --- --- ---
    Computer JDWlaptop <br> --- --- ---
    Security <br> --- ---
    - EventData
    igfx
    Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

    Error 5973 (14 incidents noted)

    - System
    - Provider <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ Guid] {315A8872-923E-4EA2-9889-33CD4754BF64} <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    EventID 5973 <br> --- --- ---
    Version 0 <br> --- --- ---
    Level 2 <br> --- --- ---
    Task 5973 <br> --- --- ---
    Opcode 0 <br> --- --- ---
    Keywords 0x2000000000000000 <br> --- --- ---
    - TimeCreated <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ SystemTime] 2015-12-14T03:08:51.965210300Z <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    EventRecordID 1541 <br> --- --- ---
    - Correlation <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ActivityID] {EC66D392-3472-0003-B112-68EC7234D101} <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    - Execution <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ ProcessID] 14228 <br> --- --- --- --- --- <br><br><br><br><br> [ ThreadID] 18700 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    Channel Application <br> --- --- ---
    Computer JDWlaptop <br> --- --- ---
    - Security <br> --- --- <br><br><br><br> [ UserID] S-1-5-21-2222511328-3554433345-1108939653-1001 <br> --- --- --- --- ---
    - EventData Activation of app AD2F1837.HPFileViewer_v10z8vjag6ke6!App failed with error: The remote procedure call failed. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
    AppId AD2F1837.HPFileViewer_v10z8vjag6ke6!App
    ErrorCode -2147023170

    Thank you for yr assistance.   John Wood

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T17:17:54+00:00

    did as Likhitha suggested...guest what?  NO UPDATES!  typical Microsoft response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T17:42:51+00:00

    Same issue here. jackpot game cannot contact server for coin balance. display driver crashes during game. Also sine updates a few days ago.

    event viewer mentions com object issue- but fixing that does not fix the coin balance problem. 

    very glad I've never paid for any coins for this game. I'd be quite a bit more angry about all the bugs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments