Please start a new thread with the new issue.
Paul...
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Since, it seems, the 1151 Windows 10 Home 64b upgrade, my laptop has been running MRT on a more than daily basis, producing high disk usage. At least twice, I've run it manually, which allows me to see the details, and noticed MRT detecting 97 malicious files, but then, continuing to run, looping and scanning the same set of files repeatedly, until it finally quits with no malicious files detected.
Norton Internet Security, Norton Power Eraser, and Malware Bytes, all current, have detected no malicious files, but I am thinking it is obvious there are malicious files. Not sure what else to do at this point, any advice would be appreciated.
Moved from Windows
Original title: Microsoft Software Removal Tool running more than daily, with high disk usage
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Please start a new thread with the new issue.
Paul...
PaulSey... More has happened since your last private message to me and since my last post in this thread. @Brian, I am under the impression that what has happened to my computer since I started posting in your thread is appearing to be different from what has happened to your computer. I don't know what to do about the posting here. I am anxious to see your information....Paul, please tell me where you want me to give you this new information.
Susan MillerVA
Paul Sey, I have a new task related to MRT.exe in my task scheduler, MRT_ERROR_HB. I can show you settings, actions, conditions in the pictures below:
@Brian, do you have this? From Task Scheduler, go select task scheduler library. Select Microsoft, then Windows, then Removal Tools to find these two MRT.exe related tasks.
Susan MillerVA
Hi All,
I'm still here. I was just away for the past 5 days, and I'm just catching up now. I'll try to check on the above in the next day or so.
Honestly not sure if MRT in any form is still running multiple times daily or not. I've not been paying attention as much, as I'm probably getting a new laptop. I will try to find out now, though.
Thanks for your continued efforts.
Brian
Thank you, Susan.
Is anyone else on the thread still seeing MRT run more than once per day?