Windows Update KB3102429 Does not play well with Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2008

Anonymous
2015-11-20T18:50:29+00:00

We have developed a .Net C# program that uses Crystal reports to create a report from raw data. We started getting customers with crystal reports errors.  The only common thread was it started happening after a specific date. After tracing it down we came up with KB3102429 as being the issue.  

The app is developed in Visual Studio 2008 and uses Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2008.  Would an upgrade have solved this issue ?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-12-21T16:29:12+00:00

    My organization was hit with this issue today. We've experienced it both with PDF creation from client-based applications and directly from Crystal Reports itself. 

    The solution provided here 11478: Cannot export reports to PDF provided an easy workaround until we can bring our systems down. 

    We mainly use Crystal Reports 9.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-12-21T15:22:03+00:00

    Hi, I had the same problem.

    I'm using Crystal Report 10 Pro.

    I don;t have the problem with Xp.

    But will all newer Windows version.

    I was using Arial and Courier New fonts in my reports.

    To fix this issue I change the font to Lucida Console.

    Or you can remove the update.

    Francois.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-18T19:27:31+00:00

    We have this problem with converter to pdf can check in Ergotron Sistemas

    we removed and the problem continue...

    I read some dlls fix this ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-16T20:52:12+00:00

    I have the same problem too. I had to use older fonts. 

    Another thing that i did is to export from crystal to word, and then from word to pdf, because users doesn't want to disable the updates of windows. 

    It's very difficult to understand that this is a SAP Crystal Report problem, because the problem began with an update of microsoft, not of SAP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-14T13:52:17+00:00

    This is what they told us:

    "This is a third party issue related to SAP Crystal Report. Microsoft will not be involved in a solution for an external problem. Please contact with SAP to resolve this problem."

    Wow, that is ridiculous! That's like a utility company setting up roadworks at the end of your drive and telling you to take it up with your car's manufacturer when you complain they've blocked you in!

    No Microsoft, that's not how it works. You broke it so it's up to you to fix it!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments