I try not to be a "thread jumper", but... It's one of "those days"... Can't stand it - I'm Jumping In! Please forgive me. This is the closest forum entry to my problems that I've found. Though I am not bright enough to actually follow this thread... Maybe
looking at "our problems"(Similar?), will help us both..?
Below, is a "Snipping Tool"(Screen Shot) of my folders(Windows 7 Pro, WLM - IMAP) - ALL folders that appear when I open Windows Live Mail.
I DO NOT want a DRAFTS folder - period. I "draft" in a word processing program and cut & paste, later, to an email.
I would like ALL incoming E-MAIL to go to my INBOX, period. No "filters"! Adds confusing variables. I average about 3 "spams" a week, so don't need them. Minimize possible loss and confusion any
way possible. Thus:
I DO NOT want a JUNK or TRASH folder. I don't see the distinctions between the two, and don't care. I want to see, in my INBOX, every piece of E-Mail I get, so I can view, save/move(To one of
my "custom" folders.), or delete them, by myself, knowing I've "seen them all" in one place - My Inbox.
I would like to have all SENT items(What is an "item", if NOT E-Mail, anyway?) go to my SENT folder, and REMOVE the SENT ITEMS folder.
Two things I would add to previous comments on this thread, hoping to be helpful..?
- If you can, call, on the phone, your email provider(Mine is my ISP, PTD.NET, for instance.). PTD has 24 hour telephone support(So helpful!). I make-up a question list. Then, I sit-up until 2AM, call support(Generally, not busy, then.). We go over my question
list and get A LOT of stuff resolved, during these calls. Yes, I'll do it for THIS question, too, if I can't resolve.
- MY phone, tablet, PC, DOES "update/sync", and show exactly the same things -
a. IF - The folders on all gear are "the same"(And all IMAP?).
b. IF - I have ALL devices set to "update/sync"!?!?
Example: My phone(To extend battery life.) is set to update my E-Mail only "manually". So, if I change stuff on the PC, or tablet, the phone only shows those changes when I open E-Mail on my phone and "refresh" or manually update. IF - I had the phone set
to "update E-Mail every 2 hours", it would take as long as 2 hours, for the changes I made, elsewhere, to show on the phone.
Back to me(Us?):
My screen shot:(Ignore the "boxed", "deleted items" - don't know how that got in the screen shot? Again, I'm not that bright...
