Hi Gerry,
done. What else can / should I do?
Thanks a lot,
Paul
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
For a few days now I'm getting an alert in my system tray that Windows cannot automatically search for updates. Clicking on the icon leads me to a message saying that the Windows Update Agent needs an update and a button to do this update. Clicking on the button closes the window, which then opens again after a few seconds with an error message that Windows cannot search for new updates. Error message code = 800F081F.
When I looked at my update history, I see that Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 has failed daily for over a month now. I've already tried several suggestions (some posted on the dutch microsoft community) e.g. clearing the update cache, system update readiness tool, a 'clean' start of Windows, MS Fix It, but to no avail. Checkdisk and System File Checker scans found nothing wrong.
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1, 64 bit. Not sure what other information I should provide that is relevant?
Hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Paul
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Gerry,
done. What else can / should I do?
Thanks a lot,
Paul
Paul
You will need to remove both Trend and Avast. Trend because you no longer and Avast because the presence of Trend when it was installed could mean you have a damaged installation. You can then restart your computer and reinstall Avast.
Trend removal tool
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/solution/en-us/1037161.aspx
Avast Removal Tool
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Hi Gerry,
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D4EDCF2B47D2E08D%21112
link to checksur.persist.log
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D4EDCF2B47D2E08D%21111
(both seem to look OK)
Thanks again,
Paul
Paul
Please use Autoruns to delete 8 entries where the words “File not found” appear. With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. Click the Everything tab and look for the rows highlighted in yellow.
The System Update Readiness Tool creates a log file that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. The log file is located at the following location:
•%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log
•%SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log
The system root is normally C.
Please upload a copy of these logs to your OneDrive as shared files and post a link here.
You seem to have installed two anti-virus products, Avast and Trend. Which was installed first?