Windows 7 SP1 Update Error Code 800F081F

Anonymous
2014-10-07T17:46:09+00:00

Hi,

For a few days now I'm getting an alert in my system tray that Windows cannot automatically search for updates. Clicking on the icon leads me to a message saying that the Windows Update Agent needs an update and a button to do this update. Clicking on the button closes the window, which then opens again after a few seconds with an error message that Windows cannot search for new updates. Error message code = 800F081F.

When I looked at my update history, I see that Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 has failed daily for over a month now. I've already tried several suggestions (some posted on the dutch microsoft community) e.g. clearing the update cache, system update readiness tool, a 'clean' start of Windows, MS Fix It, but to no avail. Checkdisk and System File Checker scans found nothing wrong.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1, 64 bit. Not sure what other information I should provide that is relevant?

Hope someone can help me with this issue. Thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Paul

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-18T20:30:15+00:00

    Hi Gerry,

    here are the results.

    Thanks,

    Paul

    Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):


    Windows Validation Data-->

    Validation Code: 0

    Cached Online Validation Code: 0x0

    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-2QWT6-HCQXJ-9YQTR

    Windows Product Key Hash: PVjSC5x6njvqunmbCY3lOD7rYDo=

    Windows Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00007

    Windows Product ID Type: 2

    Windows License Type: OEM SLP

    Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003

    ID: {4D3C2FF6-066E-4154-BD8A-AD1462AE5D3F}(1)

    Is Admin: Yes

    TestCab: 0x0

    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    Product Name: Windows 7 Home Premium

    Architecture: 0x00000009

    Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144

    TTS Error:

    Validation Diagnostic:

    Resolution Status: N/A

    Vista WgaER Data-->

    ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    Windows XP Notifications Data-->

    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    File Exists: No

    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    OGA Notifications Data-->

    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    OGA Data-->

    Office Status: 100 Genuine

    Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 - 100 Genuine

    OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002

    Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3_E2AD56EA-765-d003_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-134-80004005_E2AD56EA-765-b01a_E2AD56EA-766-0_E2AD56EA-148-80004005_16E0B333-89-80004005_B4D0AA8B-1029-80004005

    Browser Data-->

    Proxy settings: N/A

    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)

    Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt

    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled

    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed

    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled

    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled

    Active scripting: Allowed

    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

    File Scan Data-->

    Other data-->

    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{4D3C2FF6-066E-4154-BD8A-AD1462AE5D3F}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010300.1.0.003</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-9YQTR</PKey><PID>00359-OEM-8992687-00007</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2219362559-1533333659-3342170129</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>ASUSTeK Computer Inc.        </Manufacturer><Model>K72Jr</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>K72Jr.205</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="6"/><Date>20100325000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>CD0E3307018400FC</HWID><UserLCID>0413</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0413</SystemLCID><TimeZone>West-Europa (standaardtijd)(GMT+01:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM><OEMID>_ASUS_</OEMID><OEMTableID>Notebook</OEMTableID></OEM><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>100</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0030-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>36E2B3F9825C586</Val><Hash>O5FnJVmp2Gnql1O3Ltmhfnbz/3E=</Hash><Pid>89388-707-2524285-65560</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="A1" Version="12" Result="100"/><App Id="BA" Version="12" Result="100"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults>  

    Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

    Licensing Data-->

    Versie van Software Licensing-service: 6.1.7601.17514

    Naam: Windows(R) 7, HomePremium edition

    Beschrijving: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, OEM_SLP channel

    Activerings-id: d2c04e90-c3dd-4260-b0f3-f845f5d27d64

    Toepassings-id55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f

    Uitgebreide PID: 00359-00178-926-800007-02-1033-7600.0000-2092009

    Installatie-id105262503136101516941191458756438132684100638845751832

    URL van processorcertificaat: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88338

    URL van computercertificaat: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88339

    URL van gebruikte licentie: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88341

    URL van productcodecertificaat: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=88340

    Gedeeltelijke productcode: 9YQTR

    Licentiestatus: licentie

    Resterend aantal nieuwe Windows-activeringen: 3

    Vertrouwde tijd: 18-12-2014 21:26:58

    Windows Activation Technologies-->

    HrOffline: 0x00000000

    HrOnline: 0x00000000

    HealthStatus: 0x0000000000000000

    Event Time Stamp: 12:15:2014 23:46

    ActiveX: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

    Admin Service: Registered, Version: 7.1.7600.16395

    HealthStatus Bitmask Output:

    HWID Data-->

    HWID Hash Current: LgAAAAEAAQABAAEAAAACAAAAAgABAAEA6GGewhJp+kKQ+aA6Yj3+A14xhptcXQ==

    OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->

    N/A

    OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->

    BIOS valid for OA 2.0: yes

    Windows marker version: 0x20001

    OEMID and OEMTableID Consistent: yes

    BIOS Information:

      ACPI Table Name    OEMID Value    OEMTableID Value

      APIC            _ASUS_        Notebook

      FACP            _ASUS_        Notebook

      DBGP            _ASUS_        Notebook

      HPET            _ASUS_        Notebook

      MCFG            _ASUS_        Notebook

      ECDT            _ASUS_        Notebook

      SLIC            _ASUS_        Notebook

      SSDT            PmRef        CpuPm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-16T09:07:03+00:00

    Paul

    That disk cannot be used to do an In Place Upgrade. That disk merely puts everything, system, programmes and data back to the time when the disk was created.

    I suggest you run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool in normal mode and copy and paste the results in a reply for further analysis:

    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

    Run the Tool and when it completes click the Copy button, open a text file like Word or Notepad and select Edit, Paste. You can paste directly into a reply here. Open a reply, right click and select Paste.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-15T17:31:27+00:00

    Hi Gerry,

    can I use the backup DVD's I burned when I first started using my laptop for this purpose? There was no original Windows DVD delivered with it.

    If so, I'll reserve an afternoon for this in the upcoming Christmas holidays. I'm afraid this is going to take quite some time. :-)

    Thanks!

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-08T08:49:13+00:00

    Paul

    How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2255099

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-07T19:27:27+00:00

    Hi Gerry,

    tried all the methods, but the problem isn't solved. I did have some issues with methods 10 and 11:

    Method 10: I have some trouble following the steps, but I doubt this is relevant. I don't have a failed update, I just can't search for new ones.

    Method 11: there's no file 'pending.xml' in the folder mentioned.

    Regards,

    Paul

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments