Rearrange taskbar buttons and/or rearrange order of notification area icons. Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2015-02-05T14:24:17+00:00

I found the following for Windows 8.1,

order of app buttons on the taskbar:

All open files from the same app are always grouped together, even if you didn’t open them one after the other. This is so you can see all of the previews for that app at the same time.


How do I make the last or the latest icon to always open on the right hand side. And that the first app or icon is on the left hand side. Second app or its icon always opens or goes on the right hand side (now second left). And the third app or its icon always opens or goes to the right hand side (now third left). etc.

How do I make any and all apps or their icons to always been displayed in chronological order? First on the left hand side of the notification area and last on the right hand side of the notification area, no matter they are all icons of the same apps or all different ones.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-06-14T20:07:36+00:00

    That's mine :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-09T21:07:09+00:00

    Shawn

    As advised I Disabled IMAP inside my gmail acc. And Windows Live Mail stopped sending/receiving - I expected that.

    But when I tryed to set up email account properties in Windows Live Mail it did not allow me to get rid off IMAP. I can not replace IMAP with Incoming mail POP3 pop.gmail.com or Incoming mail sever POP3

    And WLM stopped working. I followed several complicated and long tutorials and failed. 

    Do you have a tutorial of your own? Or mb a link to a good one?

    How do I make Windows Live Mail work with gmail accounts when IMAP is disabled inside those gmail accounts?

    I think I have found one - http://cmdrkeene.com/use-pop-email-windows-8  and reading. I will leave feedback a bit later

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-06-09T17:46:49+00:00

    Why does the Msft give fewer options and settings in the next generation app? 

    Because a team that builds an app to send emails doesn't want to also be responsible for building an HTML editor.  There's already an app for that.  Continuously adding more and more unrelated features to apps is what causes them to get slow and junk and make customers angry and demand for something easier to use with less buttons.  You can't please everyone ALL the time :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-09T17:26:07+00:00

    Windows Live Mail vs. Outlook Express

    It's impossible to edit HTML source code in Windows Live Mail! --- http://www.vistax64.com/live-mail/134477-source-edit-windows-live-mail-desktop-application-3.html

    As an MVP, can you ask Mfst to enable HTML source code edit in Windows Live Mail pls? As it was possible in Outlook Express - with one click.

    Removing such important feature makes Windows Live Mail less versatile, user friendly and less convenient. 

    Ask them,

    Why does the Msft give fewer options and settings in the next generation app? 

    Sorry for torturing you with the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-09T10:32:34+00:00

    Shawn,

    Thanks a 999999999.

    Very simple, smart and valuable advice!

    But there are dangerous combinations like ctrl + alt + del  and probably others.

    If I click randomly, I can delete, close, restart or even crash the PC. Right?

    Is there a list of such dangerous shortcuts for Windows 8.1?

    If you know more good shortcuts you can create your own expanded list similar to  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/keyboard-shortcuts#keyboard-shortcuts=windows-8  and benefit millions of users

    Or Msft should pay smart ppl like you to do it for them.

    Is there a shortcut to close Notepad (without saving its info) in one click? Or how do I create such shortcut?

    Is there a shortcut to close all opened Notepad files to the right? (similar to close tabs to the right?)

    I use notepad and often open multiple instances of it. CLosing 10s of them takes too much time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments