Rearrange taskbar buttons and/or rearrange order of notification area icons. Windows 8.1

Anonymous
2015-02-05T14:24:17+00:00

I found the following for Windows 8.1,

order of app buttons on the taskbar:

All open files from the same app are always grouped together, even if you didn’t open them one after the other. This is so you can see all of the previews for that app at the same time.


How do I make the last or the latest icon to always open on the right hand side. And that the first app or icon is on the left hand side. Second app or its icon always opens or goes on the right hand side (now second left). And the third app or its icon always opens or goes to the right hand side (now third left). etc.

How do I make any and all apps or their icons to always been displayed in chronological order? First on the left hand side of the notification area and last on the right hand side of the notification area, no matter they are all icons of the same apps or all different ones.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T14:52:29+00:00

    Xircal, thanks

    You helped me to find a solution to this issue.

    I did not know it was possible to add a "Quick Launch” toolbar to Windows 8

    Use http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-the-good-old-quick-launch-toolbar-back-in-windows-7/  to get the good old “Quick Launch” Toolbar and “Show Desktop” Shortcut Back in Windows 8 or 8.1  and mb in Windows 10

    then read this http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-vista/add-or-remove-programs-on-the-quick-launch-toolbar  to add a program to the Quick Launch toolbar

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T14:08:03+00:00

    Just drag and drop them. You can do the same with tabs in whatever browser you use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T13:20:01+00:00

    Is it possible to left-click once on the icon in the quick launch bar to open an app/prog? And then left-click once on the icon in the quick launch bar to open another one or second one?  And then left-click once on the icon in the quick launch bar to open another one or third one? 

    In WXP it was like that

    In Windows 8.1 I have to right click first and only then I can open another app/prog or the second one.

    I open/close tens of app/prog every hour and two click way takes to much time every day.

    How do I enable a single left-click in the quick launch bar to open another app/prog?

    This issue was resolved below by Xircal      I added a "Quick Launch” toolbar to Windows 8.1 and now I am able to open 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. same app/prog with a single left-click

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T12:57:11+00:00

    It would be very convenient to enable us to copy/paste any and all texts anywhere in Windows 8.1

    Pls enable us to copy text from any tab, screen, page, icon, app, program, etc. anywhere in Windows 8.1 

    Pls enable us to copy text that Windows 8.1 controls.

    Sometimes I need to type it manually or make several clicks to copy it. 

    I'd like to be able to copy it if I see something presented in letters and words in****Windows 8.1

    (I understand that Windows 8.1 can not do this for other apps and progs that are not parts of Windows 8.1)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-06-07T12:35:27+00:00

    Windows 8.1 taskbar transparency

    I found no easy way to stop taskbar transparency

    There should be a simple one or two click option available to Enable or Disable the taskbar transparency 

    With a nontransparent option set as default

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments