Blue Screen bugcode_usb_driver windows 7 0x000000fe

Anonymous
2015-05-15T00:14:29+00:00

My laptop just recently started to have this problem. I would be doing something random like reading or watching a video or playing a game and my laptop would suddenly go into BSOD. The timing seems to be random too, on some day I have no problem using my laptop for the entire day. The blue screen started to appear after I got my new mouse, but the system told me the mouse is installed correctly and I was able to use the mouse normally. The logo on the new mouse says Insignia, my old one says Logitech, and I thought maybe that's the problem so I returned the Insignia mouse and got a new Logitech mouse, but the blue screen still appears, so apparently that's not the reason. I'm not sure what else could be causing the problem, I didn't installed any new program or anything.

The blue screen technical information gives me these: 0x000000FE, 0x000000000000008, 0x000000000000006, 0x000000000000005, 0xFFFFFA80082F2820

Other info from computer properties:

Model: ASUS Notebook K53E Series

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30 GHz 2.30 G Ghz

Installed memory (RAM): 6.00 GB (5.78 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Edit 1: (May 14 6:27 pm):

Here's the link to the zipped minidump file on dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vgo5hwy0d8cbpsn/Minidump.zip?dl=0

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-05-20T01:29:25+00:00

There appears to be both BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER (fe) and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) stop errors referencing the usbhub.sys:

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0xFE_usbhub!UsbhHubProcessChangeWorker+ec

BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x9F_3_POWER_DOWN_IMAGE_usbhub.sys

No specific third party driver is referenced in the errors.

As such I would recommend to install the following hotfix for the usbhub.sys and see if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2895729

There is a link at the top of the article to request the hotfix.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-27T14:21:08+00:00

    Okay so how do I uninstall the USB camera? Is it in the device manager? Is there any other thing I should do to uninstall it besides right click and choose uninstall? To reinstall, I just turn off the computer and turn it on again right?

    Also, do I have to do anything with all these other USB thingy at the bottom? 

    This is a picture of what it looks like in my device manager. I'm not actually sure which one to uninstall, but I'm guessing it's the USB 2.0 WebCam

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddhwfkbv6xzrp4t/device%20manager.png?dl=0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-28T21:38:09+00:00

    Is there an entry for the camera software in "Uninstall or change a program"?

    If so, can you uninstall the software from there and see if it uninstalls the driver.

    Post back if there is no entry in  "Uninstall or change a program".

    I've noticed there are quite a few other users with same camera that are having blue screen errors across various operating systems so it may be just a matter of finding the right driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-28T23:43:00+00:00

    Yes, there is an entry.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhp1p44j2rajwtc/Uninstall%20or%20change%20a%20program.png?dl=0

    After I uninstalled it, the next time I turn on the computer the computer this shows up so it does uninstall the driver.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1rr5n4dplgrwxei/installing.png?dl=0

    After a while, the windows tells me the USB Camera is now ready to use. 

    This is what's in the device manager now.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2l0wvjbuxumaoi/new%20device%20manager.png?dl=0

    However, I don't think the system installed the correct driver, because my camera no longer works. It used to be that there's a light that turns on and stays on whenever my camera is on. Now, when I tried to use my camera, the light flashes once and the camera never turns on, and the screen stays black.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-30T12:54:46+00:00

    The driver that is installed now appears to be a generic driver from Microsoft.

    Try installing the Azurewave Camera Driver V5.8.55133.208 from the following link:

    http://www.asus.com/ca-en/support/Download/3/295/0/3/30/

    That may be the same driver that was involved in the blue screen errors but hopefully uninstalling and reinstalling the driver will help.

    Post back if further blue screen errors.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments