Windows 8.1 update fails.

Anonymous
2015-06-24T20:33:32+00:00

Since the last "Patch Tuesday" on June 9, none of the important and other available updates will install. This is my last attempt to find a solution to the issue. I tried everything: troubleshooting, chat with MS Support for two(!) hours, googling all sorts of forums. All tis with no results. Remarkably, even MS chat from Answer Desk was unable to help. I cannot believe it that there is no help/support from MS available. That, if it is true, is very sad to say the least. I am sure that there is somebody at MS who could help/support to get the issue resolved but where is he or she??? I have been working on the issue at least 3 hours a day since June 9!!

The PC runs perfectly on the other hand. The errors that appear when looking into the details in the update history are the following ones:

  1. 800F0922
  2. 80071A91

both appear always,

  1. 80246010
  2. 80240054

both appear only a couple of times but the 2 above.

There is NO clear explanation for these errors or where the source may lie. This is in a way ridiculous. Why show them when no solution is offered at all?

Is there anyone at MS who can help??? If not, I am forced to reinstall Windows 8 from the purchased DVD and go then through the whole reinstallation and update process.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-16T21:53:11+00:00

    System is running very well! All updates are installed w/o problems. Most of my applications, devices, tools  etc. are installed again.

    Thanks again for your support!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-16T08:18:13+00:00

    The logs are showing nothing of consequence at the current time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-15T22:31:40+00:00

    Gerry,

    so far everything works fine. Have upgraded to W 8.1 w/o problems. Now comes the painful part, reinstalling applications, settings, etc. Will take a couple of days. Important is that the PC works flawlessly. The link you asked for:

    http://1drv.ms/1J1k0Kq

    Thank you for your patience and time to stay with me. It was great to communicate with you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-15T07:20:04+00:00

    You seem to have struck lucky. There is a Technical Article about Fsutil here:

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff621564.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

    Please upload fresh Event Viewer System and Application logs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-07-15T00:35:17+00:00

    I think I have the solution! Here is a link:

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/i-receive-the-error-the-default-transaction/d5c78d99-0b4d-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5

    Go down to Shekhar who gave an answer. I tried it and it worked! After completion, it first installed the Update component correctly. Then 151 updates came up and they installed correctly, more are on their way.

    Then I have to install my application again.

    Who would have thought of this? After your last post, I asked myself the question what I event code id 137, googled it and found that link through another link. What I want to say (comes from my professional career) always question things that one sees/read. Why did the MS guy here did not come up with the command "fsutil". This appears to be an interesting command.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments