I am sorry but I do not understand this "Image" thing. When I look at Disk Management, I find this:
System: 100MB containing (System, Active, Primary Partition) Healthy
OS (C:): (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) Healthy
>>>>>> What your looking at is a disk description of your OS Partition (C Disk in your case),
IMAGE That can be **Backed Up as a whole contiguous IMAGE.**This could be done SECTOR by SECTOR but is not usually necessary.
(It is done this way, as opposed to a Directory and File backup, so that one can RESTORE ones
IMAGE directly to Disk and Partition and still have it ACTIVE and BOOTABLE!!!)
Be advised that all disks/partitions, whether they are Active and/or Bootable can be backed up as an Image but often are only backed up as Directories and Files,
if there is no Operating System involved.
Therefore, long story short, when one looks at a disk or partition, one is looking at an Image of one kind or another.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I have tried all the good advice given here with no result. I am still stuck where I was on June 9. Because of this situation, I asked my self a simple question: Shall I reinstall because there is no solution in sight? The answer to the
question is YES, reinstall.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You are(we all were) trying to accomplish something that was NOT POSSIBLE!!!! Microsoft and/or Intel made a
mistake! I believe your image (of windows, your apps and possibly data) is probably just fine as it was at the beginning of June.
Your trying to make a decision with insufficient information and understanding as we all were. Experience TOLD some of use that this was going to be a MS WU problem. It was always a MS problem
NOT YOUR PROBLEM.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Unless there is a solution, I have no other alternative than reinstalling. With a solution I mean: simple, straightforward etc., nothing quirky or such. Apparently even MS seems to have no clear suggestion.
>>>>>>>>>> Microsofts' solution is to withdraw the Driver from Windows Update and Microsoft Update. If you check WU(and where you hid it) it should be gone, especially after you run "Check for Updates".
I have 2 W 8.1 Pro partitions, it is gone from both.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Please, do understand my frustration. I have gone through many issues with almost every version of Windows, starting with Windows 95. There was always some way out or a good solution to a problem, and in 90% of the cases I solved an issue myself, but in
this case I am at the end of my Latin.
>>>>>>>>>I feel quite bad that there is a language barrier involved with this. Unfortunately for you(fortunate for me, I only know English and live in Canada) this world is working in English more and more. Having said that, after all this time(since 1995)
I am very surprised that you do not have an understanding of; Disk image, partition image, and OS image? The .iso filetype is Imaged Operating System, that can be burned directly to DVD, BluRay and USB Thumb Drives.
Another form of Image. .vhd and .vhdx meaning Virtual Hard Disk and Extended are both Images.
Microsofts' latest Image Filetype is .esd, which is a Highly Compressed Image(I do not remember exactly what ESD stands for). This is how MS is distributing W 10.
Paragon(Hard Disk Management Suite) out of Europe has their own Image filefypes for backing up disk and partition Images.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
I really hope this translates well and helps answer your questions and expands your understanding. By the Way, all other OS's have and are Images as well.