This works. As soon as I made this change the computer wanted to add updates. I have not done those yet. Did you late the updates from Microsoft load? If so, did they cause any problems?
Getting Error code 0x80048820 Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later
Original title: I can't connect to Hotmail via Windows Live Mail
I normally access my Hotmail account via Windows Live Mail but suddenly I'm getting this message when I try to login:
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.
Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820
When I checked the server information in the hotmail properties it shows:
http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync\_v2.0.0/sync.aspx
I don't think this is correct but I don't remember what the correct settings should be.
Can anyone help, please?
regards,
rggraham1947
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-12-28T20:27:41+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-12-28T21:00:02+00:00 I let it but it didn't find any the first time. I dont think there ARE any updates post SP3. On the second PC I didn't let it go on the internet until after it had finished the complete install so it would never have got an update. It all seems fine. IE8 seems worth the update and I can collect my emails again. I still prefer FireFox and Chrome for the usual reason that if they hang they don't take down the entire OS like IE does, you can just close them from Task Manager. Third PC to do tomorrow.
-
Anonymous
2014-12-29T03:08:53+00:00 I have tried every suggestion on every thread about this problem, including this one by PvE2014 and NOTHING WORKS. I don't know what's going on, but it is getting very tiresome.
I think there is something Microsoft is not acknowledging or maybe just hasn't bothered investigating--it is odd that many people have experienced the same issue starting at the same time. Rather large coincidence.
-
Anonymous
2014-12-29T09:58:13+00:00 None of this explains why it stopped working overnight!
-
Anonymous
2014-12-29T10:12:28+00:00 TWO working now! One PC left to go. Still not sure as to what fixes it. Strongly suggest the IE settings of making it default. IE8 works with XP SP3. Don't let them tell you otherwise. Got mine from file hippo site.
Not quite clear what you actually did; can you explain in a bit more detail?