Getting Error code 0x80048820 Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later

Anonymous
2014-12-16T22:09:11+00:00

Original title: I can't connect to Hotmail via Windows Live Mail

I normally access my Hotmail account via Windows Live Mail but suddenly I'm getting this message when I try to login:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

When I checked the server information in the hotmail properties it shows:

http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync\_v2.0.0/sync.aspx

I don't think this is correct but I don't remember what the correct settings should be.

Can anyone help, please?

regards,

rggraham1947

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-20T22:24:40+00:00

    Could not agree more!!! This is not a DNS issue, it is not a MTU issue, My machine was not configured differently when I woke up on Tues. morning. It worked Monday night and then bam it did not.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-20T21:44:39+00:00

    Following this thread as have same problem. 3 PCs all WinXP and  WLM 2009. Many hotmail/live accounts on each all of which have died with same error a few days ago. Mobile and and browser access is fine. Considering there are many threads all started around the same time on this forum alone complaining of the same this is not a unique ie customer related issue. Hope it gets fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-20T11:36:19+00:00

    Hi Graham,

    This issue could occur due to network, machine configuration or software configuration issues.

    I suggest you to refer to the post of Shikha_G asked on March 14, 2012 and follow the suggestions from the below link.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/how-can-i-solve-synchronization-send-and-receive/dee0c2d9-998c-472e-aac9-0374c082854b

    Keep us updated about the status of the issue.

    Hi Ganesh,

    I've tried to re-configure my Hotmail account but when I try to synchronise it keeps asking me to enter my user name and password and then I get the following message:

    Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

    Server Error: 0x800CCC90

    Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password

    Server: 'pop.pt.lu'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 995

    Secure(SSL): Yes

    regards,

    rggraham1947

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-20T07:33:36+00:00

    Hi Graham,

    This issue could occur due to network, machine configuration or software configuration issues.

    I suggest you to refer to the post of Shikha_G asked on March 14, 2012 and follow the suggestions from the below link.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/how-can-i-solve-synchronization-send-and-receive/dee0c2d9-998c-472e-aac9-0374c082854b

    Keep us updated about the status of the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-18T12:38:04+00:00

    Hi Graham,

    Which browser do you use to access websites?

    I know how it feels when things don’t work properly.

    Placing a check on the option for A utomatically detect settings may help in getting the issue fixed.

    Perform the steps suggested by naccachetrading from the link mentioned below and see if it helps.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-signin/re-windows-live-mail-2011-error-id-0x80048820/2105d7ef-435f-45c6-85bb-07b23f391bc2

    If you need any further assistance, please post your query on Microsoft Community Forums and we’ll be glad to assist you with it.

    Hi Jessen,

    I can't follow either of the links here:

    (http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-signin/re-windows-live-mail-2011-error-id-0x80048820/2105d7ef-435f-45c6-85bb-07b23f391bc2)

    http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=5f26a9b4-1c1a-4d0b-a55b-fafabe2f05e7

    or

    http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=15

    Google Chrome says the webpages aren't available.

    I can't repair or uninstall Windows Live Essentials (I've also tried running wlarp.exe manually).

    I can't sign in to my Windows Live ID.

    Please advise.

    rggraham1947

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments