Getting Error code 0x80048820 Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later

Anonymous
2014-12-16T22:09:11+00:00

Original title: I can't connect to Hotmail via Windows Live Mail

I normally access my Hotmail account via Windows Live Mail but suddenly I'm getting this message when I try to login:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

When I checked the server information in the hotmail properties it shows:

http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync\_v2.0.0/sync.aspx

I don't think this is correct but I don't remember what the correct settings should be.

Can anyone help, please?

regards,

rggraham1947

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-30T15:20:24+00:00

    I've made these changes but, once again, the hotmail login keeps asking me to confirm my username and password and, when I close that window, I get the following message:

    "Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

    Server Error: 0x800CCC90

    Server Response: -ERR This account has POP disabled. Go to the Outlook.com options page to enable POP.

    Server: 'pop-mail.outlook.com'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 995

    Secure(SSL): Yes"

    regards,

    rggraham1947

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-30T13:55:59+00:00

    ... Must issue a STARTTLS command first

    Port: 25

    Secure(SSL): No

    Back to the Properties dialogue. On the Advanced tab, select This server requires a secure connection (SSL) and make sure the server port for outgoing mail is 587. Make sure also that you have selected My server requires authentication on the Servers tab.

    Remove any unsent messages from the outbox, then close down Windows Live Mail and wait a few minutes for the program to complete its housekeeping and store the new SSL settings. Re-launch the program, then compose a new test message with a unique subject and send it to yourself. Post any new error message in your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T23:34:01+00:00

    Having spent the past few weeks wondering what I've done to my computer I've stumbled across this forum this evening and relieved in a way that maybe its not my fault my windows live email no longer works! Mine stopped working a week or so before Christmas. Is there an answer yet as why its not working and more importantly, is there a laymans response to put it right again?? Many thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T20:56:49+00:00

    Maybe an uninstall of IE8 followed by a re-install or a move to a later version? My gut feel is on tightening of security (at their end of course). Many MS programs like Skype rely on IE internet settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-29T19:55:37+00:00

    The host 'smtp-mail.outlook.com ' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.

    You didn't! There is a trailing space after .com☐. Right-click on the account name in the folder pane and select Properties. Amend the server name on the Servers tab.

    I corrected that but still no success:

    The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '******@hotmail.com'.

    Subject 'Rumbo.es: Hotel Silken Atlántida Santa Cruz , Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain - 759 Guest reviews . Book your hotel now!'

    Server Error: 530

    Server Response: 530 5.7.0 Must issue a STARTTLS command first

    Server: 'smtp-mail.outlook.com'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC78

    Protocol: SMTP

    Port: 25

    Secure(SSL): No

    regards,

    rggraham1947

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments