Almost there;
Does that mean that the account is now working?
Yes, I can receive and send messages.
Now I just need to recover my folders!
What folders? Are these user-created folders under your Hotmail account? They should still be there under the HTTP account. POP3 doesn't deal in folders; it only downloads new messages from the account inbox.
Yes, they are user-created. I use my e-mail as a kind of filing system, I move my incoming mails into user-created storage folders.
I assume they are on my hard drive somewhere but WLM doesn't load them.
Do you not see them under the HTTP account?
The only ones that appear are "Inbox", "sent items", "drafts", "junk e-mail" and "deleted items".
Getting Error code 0x80048820 Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later
Original title: I can't connect to Hotmail via Windows Live Mail
I normally access my Hotmail account via Windows Live Mail but suddenly I'm getting this message when I try to login:
Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.
Server Error: 0x80048820
Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820
When I checked the server information in the hotmail properties it shows:
http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync\_v2.0.0/sync.aspx
I don't think this is correct but I don't remember what the correct settings should be.
Can anyone help, please?
regards,
rggraham1947
Windows for home | Other | Email and communications
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-12-31T13:19:38+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-12-31T12:33:42+00:00 Almost there;
Does that mean that the account is now working?
Now I just need to recover my folders!
What folders? Are these user-created folders under your Hotmail account? They should still be there under the HTTP account. POP3 doesn't deal in folders; it only downloads new messages from the account inbox.
I assume they are on my hard drive somewhere but WLM doesn't load them.
Do you not see them under the HTTP account?
-
Anonymous
2014-12-31T11:55:48+00:00 Almost there; Now I just need to recover my folders! I assume they are on my hard drive somewhere but WLM doesn't load them.
-
Anonymous
2014-12-30T16:22:52+00:00 Is this before or after sending the test message?
This account has POP disabled. Go to the Outlook.com options page to enable POP.
Log in to your account at http://mail.live.com. Click the settings cog and select Options. Enable POP and specify what to do with deleted messages under Connect devices and apps with POP.
-
Anonymous
2014-12-30T15:28:24+00:00 Always pays to search for error messages as exact as possible. One assumes you are also getting the same "Error code 0x80048820" as of around the 19th Dec? What version of windows including and service packs. Also what version of Windows Live Mail Desktop and Internet Explorer would help. These are usually found under the Help > About of the relevant program.