Getting Error code 0x80048820 Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later

Anonymous
2014-12-16T22:09:11+00:00

Original title: I can't connect to Hotmail via Windows Live Mail

I normally access my Hotmail account via Windows Live Mail but suddenly I'm getting this message when I try to login:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. Sorry, we were unable to sign you in to Windows Live ID at this time. Please try again later.

Server Error: 0x80048820

Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80048820

When I checked the server information in the hotmail properties it shows:

http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync\_v2.0.0/sync.aspx

I don't think this is correct but I don't remember what the correct settings should be.

Can anyone help, please?

regards,

rggraham1947

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-27T16:13:38+00:00

    I have followed all the links and tries all of the steps nothing fixes the issue. I had to reset my account to a POP account. There has to be another fix that Microsoft is not making public.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-27T15:19:44+00:00

    Hi Graham,

    Thank you for keeping us posted.

    I suggest you to follow these methods and check if it helps.

    Method 1: Check the Windows Live Status.

    I suggest you to check the Windows Live Status from the below link.

    http://status.live.com

    If you find any errors, please make a note of it.

    Method 2: Make Internet Explorer as default.

    I suggest you to make Internet Explorer as default and check the settings to “Automatically detect settings” from LAN settings, refer to the below steps:

    1. Press Windows + R keys, opens Run command.
    2. Type “inetcpl.cpl” and click on Ok.
    3. Go to Connections tab.
    4. Click on LAN settings and check box “Automatically detect settings”

    Restart the browser for the following changes to take place.

    If the issue still persist, please configure the POP & SMTP server manually.

    • POP3 Server: pop-mail.outlook.com (port 995)
    • SMTP Server: smtp-mail.outlook.com (port 25)

    Keep us updated about the status of the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-23T08:34:46+00:00

    Presumably Microsoft is aware of this problem and is doing something about it?

    How and when will we know if it's been fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-12-20T21:44:39+00:00

    Following this thread as have same problem. 3 PCs all WinXP and  WLM 2009. Many hotmail/live accounts on each all of which have died with same error a few days ago. Mobile and and browser access is fine. Considering there are many threads all started around the same time on this forum alone complaining of the same this is not a unique ie customer related issue. Hope it gets fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-20T11:36:19+00:00

    Hi Graham,

    This issue could occur due to network, machine configuration or software configuration issues.

    I suggest you to refer to the post of Shikha_G asked on March 14, 2012 and follow the suggestions from the below link.

    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/how-can-i-solve-synchronization-send-and-receive/dee0c2d9-998c-472e-aac9-0374c082854b

    Keep us updated about the status of the issue.

    Hi Ganesh,

    I've tried to re-configure my Hotmail account but when I try to synchronise it keeps asking me to enter my user name and password and then I get the following message:

    Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail (rggraham1947) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

    Server Error: 0x800CCC90

    Server Response: -ERR Invalid login or password

    Server: 'pop.pt.lu'

    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92

    Protocol: POP3

    Port: 995

    Secure(SSL): Yes

    regards,

    rggraham1947

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments