Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T15:38:12+00:00

    It is working now for me (7am 11/16/2014).  Does anyone know who at Microsoft I can send the bill for all the time I spent troubleshooting THEIR issue when they never admitted it was an issue but in the end was?  :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T19:01:21+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-12-10T14:19:20+00:00

    By default, Windows Update service is set to start automatically. But if you have changed some settings, you could reset Windows Update setting back to its default via the Control Panel or carry out the following steps:

    1. Press Windows Key + R , type services.msc in the Run dialog box. Click OK.

    2. From the Services window, look for Windows Update service, since you’re facing the issue, it may have Disabledor Manual Startup type and change it to automatic.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-12-15T18:40:50+00:00

    I was having this problem, I was able to resolve it by turning off IP V6 in the network adapter settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-12-20T19:32:48+00:00

    still happening, several days unable to use, update or downloads apps; its a disaster

    0x80240438

    Also, I have Windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments