Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T01:00:01+00:00

    Microsoft support on twitter asked me to do this ... there are corrupt files that the system failed to fix

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?linkId=10568616

    I did this, it fixed my corrupt files, but I still can't download any apps.

    edit: I just want to make it clear that I am having this problem on already-set up machines that have previously downloaded and installed Store apps just fine. This problem only started today for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T01:07:17+00:00

    Well, guess I did a re-install from scratch for nothing... Same issue you guys are having.

    We better get a discount on our next purchase for this mess.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T02:16:55+00:00

    The error I am getting now has changed to 0x8024402 - still not working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T02:28:05+00:00

    I was just on the phone with  Microsoft support they told me that the servers are down and they are working on it. I was told they should be up by tomorrow morning approx.. 4 hrs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-16T14:35:50+00:00

    Hi all.  I just woke up and tried again.  Seems to work now.  I'm over in NY...hopefully it's back for everyone now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments