Same issues with win 8.1 & Win 10 build 9841.
Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps
I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store. Any thoughts anyone?
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-11-16T00:12:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-11-16T00:19:19+00:00 Still an issue over here but I'm glad some of you are able to download -maybe it'll be resolved soon.
I just tried again and instead of getting that 0x80240438 error, it just complains that my internet speed is too slow. I ran a speed test and I'm downloading at 60mbps....so I'm pretty sure it's not an accurate error.
Yeah, it's back to not working at all.
-
Anonymous
2014-11-16T00:28:17+00:00 Yes im getting the same ,Got the apps seam to be working fine ,just can not download any apps just gives me error code ,turned off security tried trouble shoot app and WSReset and when I go in to my apps cant show them yet my account is there ,im going to sleep on it ,quite a few people out there with same problem recently ,please anyone with a tested method for problem please reply
-
Anonymous
2014-11-16T00:30:08+00:00 I have the same issue. I have received your mentioned error code and error code 0x80240440. I also have the message regarding slow Internet connection. Did not have any problems this morning, the issue started this afternoon, I'm in the CST zone. Just reading most of the comments I am relieved it may be a Microsoft issue and not my computer!
Dose anyone know if Microsoft reads these threads?
-
Anonymous
2014-11-16T00:35:42+00:00 Microsoft support on twitter asked me to do this ... there are corrupt files that the system failed to fix