Error Code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps

Anonymous
2014-11-15T19:23:07+00:00

I am receiving the error code 0x80240438 when trying to download apps from the app store.  Any thoughts anyone?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:46:19+00:00

    Unfortunately, the error is now back for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:47:05+00:00

    Still an issue over here but I'm glad some of you are able to download -maybe it'll be resolved soon. 

    I just tried again and instead of getting that 0x80240438 error, it just complains that my internet speed is too slow.  I ran a speed test and I'm downloading at 60mbps....so I'm pretty sure it's not an accurate error.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:51:39+00:00

    Same here

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T22:56:48+00:00

    I'm having the same issue with this error code.

    Now I'm getting a message that my internet connection is too slow, which I know is not true.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-11-15T23:51:21+00:00

    I am having this happen on windows 10 build 9879 as well any one else here running the preview as well on duel boot?

    I'm running both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (in a Hyper-V virtual machine) and see it on both installations. 

    Both worked yesterday (11/14) but not today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments